Ping Pat in Virginia

Old December 19th 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Default Ping Pat in Virginia

Pat, are you getting the awful storm that's headed your way? It sounds
really bad. Stay safe and keep warm. Our neighbors were going to
Gatlinberg tomorrow, after spending the night in Corbin, KY. They just
called and said it's a good thing they'd planned to stay there, because the
roads in Tennessee are already closed. It looks as if a big area will be
affected.
--
Gen
http://community.webshots.com/user/Coren920

Old December 19th 09, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

NC forecast was 8 to 12" of snow.
eeeeeeek!!
j.

"Gen" wrote ...

Old December 20th 09, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Dec 18, 8:44*pm, "J*" wrote:
NC forecast was 8 to 12" of snow.
eeeeeeek!!
j.

"Gen" *wrote ...
Pat, are you getting the awful storm that's headed your way? *It sounds
really bad. *Stay safe and keep warm. *Our neighbors were going to
Gatlinberg tomorrow, after spending the night in Corbin, KY. *They just
called and said it's a good thing they'd planned to stay there, because the
roads in Tennessee are already closed. *It looks as if a big area will be
affected.
--
Genhttp://community.webshots.com/user/Coren920

So, I'm not Pat, but right now I'm in the next neighbourhood over -
the roads here are pretty bad, I'm glad everyone here is home by now,
but right now it looks like a couple of inches sticking here, not
more. And everyone are taking it really slowly on the roads.

Last night was pretty stormy and wet though!

Hanne
Old December 21st 09, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Thanks for the shout out, Gen, but everything here is mostly dry again. You
may have read Hanne's report. Saturday was fairly snowy, but that is nearly
all gone now. We are in the 'banana belt' of Virginia; we do not (usually!)
get the storms as in the Valley and Northern Virginia area. OTOH, we usually
do not get ANY snow before mid January, so this was a surprise.
Pat in Virginia