Advice on studio size

Old July 23rd 03, 09:42 AM
Robert B II

Default Advice on studio size

GaSeku wrote:
Hi all!
My husband has surprised me by saying he wants to build be a studio,
Maybe just to get me out of his shop area, but who cares? I would
like your opinion on what size would be comfortable and practical. I
am not a professional potter so I won't need as much room as they
would. I do have a kiln. Any suggestions on dimensions?
Thanks,
GES

Get the money as cash and take a holiday OS

--
Robert B* II

Old July 23rd 03, 01:17 PM
ShambhalaPottery

It depends on the equipment you intend to use, whether or no you intend to make
your own glazes, how much clay and raw materials you intend to keep on hand,
etc.
No one can tell you how big it should be because that all depends on many
factors -- how much work you intend to make, what scale of work, machinery
you'll be using, whether or not you'll be the only person in the studio, etc.
Figure those things out and then add another 10-20% of space for the things for
forgot about. :-)
Get some graph paper and layout the tables, ware cart/shelvng, work tables,
stools, chairs, wheel, sink, storage bins or tables, etc and that will give a
good idea of what you will need.

Regards,
June
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/shambhalapottery//
Old July 23rd 03, 05:28 PM
GaSeku

Hi June,
The studio is in the works. The slab is poured, the framing's done and the
walls are in the process of going up! I LOOKS big enough. I can't remember the
size exacly, hubby's in charge of the final details, but it's something like 14
or 16 x 20.
Gaye
Old July 23rd 03, 06:05 PM
Cee White

Robert,

Your comments may be meant as cute, but they come across sarcastic.
Not nice........

Catherine

Old July 26th 03, 03:04 PM
Robert B II

Cee White wrote:
Robert,

Your comments may be meant as cute, but they come across sarcastic.
Not nice........

are you the NG controller?
copy/paste works for you obviously.
If I feel like trolling a NG with friend who happens to be a very good
comercial potter and decide to 'post' a comment sarcastic or other wise , I
WILL.....and you can sit on ya wheel and SPIN BABY

--
Robert B* II

Old July 27th 03, 11:54 AM
Robert B II

Jan Clauson wrote:
You are indeed a rude twerp, aren't you, Sweetcheeks?

Jan C.

And your probably a Yank...Hot Dickerty Dog?

--
Robert B* II

Old July 28th 03, 12:02 AM
Steve Mills

Go and troll somewhere else. This NG is way above your intellectual
level.

In article , Robert B II removebusha
writes
Jan Clauson wrote:
You are indeed a rude twerp, aren't you, Sweetcheeks?

Jan C.

And your probably a Yank...Hot Dickerty Dog?

--
Robert B* II

--
Steve Mills
Bath
UK
Old July 28th 03, 04:50 PM
Robert B II

Cee White wrote:
And while we're at it ...........

"And your probably a Yank"
is correctly written:
And you're probably a Yank.

And your probably a Yank...Hot Dickerty Dog?

That was deliberately misspelled for benefit of the worlds greatest abusers
of the English language. Even your leader has trouble stinging big words
together, so he sticks with the small ones like war, kill, tanks, guns, big
guns, WMDs,...need I say more?
Steve, there is nothing intellectual about spinning clay into pots...best
you go back to watching Homer for that.

--
Robert B* II

Old July 29th 03, 08:46 PM
GaSeku

Not sure what you are apologizing for, but appreciate how considerate you were
in offering it. Apology accepted simply because it was so graciously given. :-)