doing something, not OT

Old December 29th 04, 01:55 PM

Default doing something, not OT

So, after I finished the last of the Christmas presents (the flannel
pants which didn't get done until Christmas day because of the time
spent in the ER with DD), I suffered a state of confusion. I knew I
had projects, but I had no clue what to do next since there were no
deadlines looking overhead.

Well, last night I got back to sewing and drafting. I had cut all the
pieces for a mini wallhanging to thank the lady who has done a lot of
work getting DS on preschool waitlists and suggesting what services he
needs to be receiving at this time. It's all pieced and ready to be
put together with batting and backing!! WooHoo!!! I also drafted out
a few ideas for mom and dads quilt which has been on hold for about 2
years now as it went through several design changes. Had to call Dad
to see which was the least favorite color - neon pink or neon yellow
(both colors in in the 2 fabrics that I am using, one for each side of
the quilt, yes, it is going to be reversible).

I will be finishing the mini wall hanging today and then doing the
quilting on Rupert's quilt (which is all finished otherwise) so that I
can get finished pictures up. Yes Gen, it will be mailed in time to
get there for his birthday like i had planned when this whole thing
started. Again, I want to thank everyone who contributed to getting
this together. I also have the top of a quilt for DD, along with the
backing fabric, and I will try to get that at least pinned together for
sewing.

Now that the creative juices are flowing again (have to admit that DH
laughed as I wandered aimlessly through the house looking for
incomplete projects), I am ready to tackle the 3 pairs of pants and the
blouse I have for myself (2 pairs of dress pants, 1 of casual, the top
is something new, so I'm not sure if I will like it or not). I have
some fabric and patterns to make DD some clothes as well, but since
they are summer clothes, I have a little time before I need to start on
them.

This morning, while I had my cup of coffee, I was looking through some
quilting magazines that I got from my mother, marking which ones might
make some cool future projects. I figure that if I break up the
queen-size quilts with smaller ones, I won't go totally insane and will
actually get them done instead of leaving them as WIPs for extended
time periods.

Once I get througn the WIPs and such, I have to get started on the
major project for the 2005 NY state fair - "Queen of the Ocean", a
renaissance queen outfit with so much trim, etc. that it will probably
stand on it's own...lol. I have a few other ideas of things that I
will be trying to get finished for entry (a collection of Barbie
clothing, one of which will match the queen outfit, a miniature sewing
room, complete with sewing machine, ironing board, etc., and the
charity quilts).

Yep, I'm going to be busy as usual...lol.....and of course, this
doesn't take into consideration the family obligation - we start family
behavioral counseling for DS next week, I have to register DD for the
2yo preschool class, we have to make adjustments to DSs therapy
schedule, and the assorted doctor/dentist appointments that come up
during the year.

WooHoo!! Looks like things are back to normal in our house...BEG.

Larisa, posting through Google because my mail tool is all messed up
sigh

Old December 29th 04, 03:18 PM
Marlys in Indiana

Please, oh, please, slow down. I just can't keep up with all of that.
I'm exhausted just reading about all of your projects. I got to have
some chocolate and then I'll have to lay down, but, meanwhile,
wishing you good luck in completing all that you endeavor.
Marlys in Indiana

ups.com...

Old December 29th 04, 04:12 PM
CNYstitcher

LOL!! That is the years worth of sewing/quilting as it currently
stands. Sewing/quilting are my stress releases from the normal
day-to-day chaos asssociated with 2 "special needs" children and the
regular activities we have to do (shopping, dinner, appointments, etc.).
Since school doesn't start back until 1/3/2005, I am getting creative
with activities for DS at home. We will be having school time after
lunch, complete with crafts, letters, numbers, and silliness grin.
The Queen quilt for mom and dad has a deadline of Christmas 2005, so I
can work on it as I go, and the little projects are my "brain breaks".
Since I will be doing 2 things as of 1/1/2005 - not smoking and
restarting my diet/exercise program - chocolate will be restricted (not
completely eliminated), so you just go ahead and have all you want, just
remember ot have a little for me.

Now...I like making childrens clothing, which is why I will be making a
bunch of outfits for DD, and I am in the middle of 2 sizes, which is why
I will be making myself some pants. The top is just something new to
try, and the State Fair things will be spread out throughout the year so
that there's no last-minute chaos like normal..at least that's the plan
at this time BEG.

One thing you have probably figured out by now is that I am one who has
to constantly keep busy. The day I stop moving will be the day that
they cremate me for scattering across Deep Creek Lake, MD. I mentioned
this to DSs developmental pedistrician, and he said it sounded like i
had some form of ADHD as well...which makes perfect sense to me since my
parents were told that I was hyperactive before I started school sigh.

Anyway, don't let my frenetic activity drive you to nap time...that will
only make you fall behind on your projects! And yes, I will try to post
pictures as I get things completed and fitted.....whoops...I owe a
picture of the Christmas party outfit...gotta get DH to take the picture
for me.

Larisa

Marlys in Indiana wrote:
Please, oh, please, slow down. I just can't keep up with all of that.
I'm exhausted just reading about all of your projects. I got to have
some chocolate and then I'll have to lay down, but, meanwhile,
wishing you good luck in completing all that you endeavor.
Marlys in Indiana

ups.com...

Old December 29th 04, 04:33 PM
maryd

I will be glad when the wedding is over so I can get my quilting/crafting
stuff out again. I have a black/white/red panda quilt that is yelling to be
finished, a January birthday block, sampler club for January, and I really
want to get back to the quilt for the guest room bed (blue and yellow). I
also have to finish 5 quilts I gave at Christmas-2 need binding and 3 need
quilting and binding. Just remembered I'm 3 clues behind on a mystery quilt
and the final clue is due out next week. Before I can do anything, I have
to clean my quilting room and get it a bit organized again.

--
Mary
wrote in message
ups.com...
So, after I finished the last of the Christmas presents (the flannel
pants which didn't get done until Christmas day because of the time
spent in the ER with DD), I suffered a state of confusion. I knew I
had projects, but I had no clue what to do next since there were no
deadlines looking overhead.

snip

Old December 29th 04, 06:30 PM
Don/Gen

Good lord, girl--do you ever sleep?????? Once the Queen dress is
finished-don't forget pictures. Good luck.
Gen

ups.com...

Old December 29th 04, 10:00 PM
CNYstitcher

YEs, I sleep, and when I do, it's a sound, deep sleep, that can only be
broken by a ringing telephone and a crying baby (apparently I've had
complete conversations with my DH that I remember nothing about...lol).
Like I said, this is the current list for the YEAR. I do know that
there will be other projects...like one I knew I had, but had forgotten
to mention - the outfits for next year's CHristmas pictures (MIL
complained about this year's pictures and said we should always do
formal, so for Christmas 2005, the guys will have vests and bowties and
the girls will have matching dresses - burgundy velvet and satin).

Tonight I am hoping to finish the small wallhanging and get the quilting
done on Rupert's quilt. Might even get to some peicing on Dads
quilt....have the hsts cut, just have to get a bunch of them put
together. I will probably be looking at the pattern for the Queen dress
this weekend along with everything that I have purchased so far....it
takes a lot of different trims and such, so I have been buying them in
bits and pieces to not have such a large bill at one time. I'm even
going to try some beading on this thing (all you beaders, be prepared
for lots of questions!!!!).

So...to state again..this is the list for the YEAR...plenty of time to
sleep....and the more I type, the more projects I think of...like the
stained glass patterns I was thinking about for presents for next
year....but they are only a thought right now.

Larisa

Don/Gen wrote:
Good lord, girl--do you ever sleep?????? Once the Queen dress is
finished-don't forget pictures. Good luck.
Gen

ups.com...