American Folk Art Museum with Culture for the Non-Cultured (New York City)

Old November 10th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sheryl

Default American Folk Art Museum with Culture for the Non-Cultured (New York City)

Come join Culture for the Non-Cultured
(http://culturecircle.meetup.com/3/), a Meet-up group that participates
in events around the city, as we go to the American Folk Art Museum
(http://www.folkartmuseum.org/) on December 2 ...

***

Other upcoming events for Culture for the Non-Cultured
(http://culturecircle.meetup.com/3/) include:

Chocolate Show: November 12
FREE Korean Performance Art: January 13

***

What is Culture for the Non-Cultured?

Ever feel that although you live in or around New York City, you do not
take advantage of all that culture, that art, that theater, that ethnic
food, right in your own backyard? Culture for the Non-Cultured
(http://culturecircle.meetup.com/3/) is a meet-up group that strives to
go to those exotic restaurants, walking tours, museums, theater, etc.
that you may want to go to, but somehow never find the time. We have a
fun, laid-back atmosphere, and we commonly eat after (or during) our
events, because the best way to build a feeling of community in a
group, after all, is to gather around a table full of calories.

Old November 10th 06, 10:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

Pat P wrote:
Oh, but don`t you know? We`re all VERY cultured on here already! UIC! ;-))

My step-sister has lived in Australia for over 40 years. Her latest
joke sent to me is this -

Question: "What's the difference between Australia and a pot of yoghurt?"

Answer: "The pot of yoghurt has a living culture"
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old November 10th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"Bruce" wrote in message
Pat P wrote:
Oh, but don`t you know? We`re all VERY cultured on here already! UIC!
;-))

My step-sister has lived in Australia for over 40 years. Her latest joke
sent to me is this -

Question: "What's the difference between Australia and a pot of yoghurt?"

Answer: "The pot of yoghurt has a living culture"
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
www.stronsay.co.uk/claremont
(Remove teeth to reply)

LOL! Look our for Boomerangs, Bruce - we have a few Aussies on here! (Get
him, Rosemary!)

Pat

Old November 10th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

I wish I could join you. The American Folk Art Museum was a favorite of
mine when I was in New York.

Lucille

ups.com...

Old November 10th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

Pat P wrote:
LOL! Look our for Boomerangs, Bruce - we have a few Aussies on here! (Get
him, Rosemary!)

My step-sister, Liz, her husband Barry and daughter Kylie are an
archetypal Strine family. With names like that what else could they be!
Howver, as Liz said when she sent me the joke, we shouldn't take
ourselves too seriously. Barry is an orthodontist and when I innocently
asked him what was the difference between a dentist and an orthodontist
he said "about 20,000 dollars a year..."
From what Liz tells me the Tasmanians and New Zealanders are the butt
of many Strine jokes.
Old November 11th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/10/06 5:21 AM, in article ,
"Pat P" wrote:

Oh, but don`t you know? We`re all VERY cultured on here already! UIC! ;-))

Pat

Yup, my pinkie is in the air as I sip my tea, prior to spewing it all over
the keyboard.

Old November 18th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rosemary Peeler

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:55:03 +0000, Bruce
wrote:

My step-sister has lived in Australia for over 40 years. Her latest
joke sent to me is this -

Question: "What's the difference between Australia and a pot of yoghurt?"

Answer: "The pot of yoghurt has a living culture"

Not sure if my last answer has gone or not (can't find it), but I
actually like this. Good thing most of us do know how to laugh at
ourselves.

Rosemary
Old November 18th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rosemary Peeler

wrote:

My step-sister has lived in Australia for over 40 years. Her latest
joke sent to me is this -

Question: "What's the difference between Australia and a pot of yoghurt?"

Answer: "The pot of yoghurt has a living culture"

How rude.

Rosemary

PS Bruce is not specially interested in the cricket, is he? We could
be in for an interesting Ashes series.
Old November 18th 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

wrote:

My step-sister has lived in Australia for over 40 years. Her latest
joke sent to me is this -

Question: "What's the difference between Australia and a pot of yoghurt?"

Answer: "The pot of yoghurt has a living culture"

How rude.

Rosemary

PS Bruce is not specially interested in the cricket, is he? We could
be in for an interesting Ashes series.

Bruce is most definitely NOT interested in the cricket g
Several years in the RAF (1959-73) gave me an aversion to all types of
sport as well as a very good grounding in how to avoid all forms of
excessive physical activity. But, proving the theory that unlikes
attract, my wife is a former WRAC physical training instructor;
something I gleefully point out to her when her back is playing up (and
she is therefore incapable of attacking me).