Stamp usage question

Old January 29th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
[email protected]

Default Stamp usage question

Hi group,

I made my own rubber stamp from a Speedball kit and someone asked me
if they could get a copy of it. I was quite flattered at first, but
now I realize that if I give them a copy, it will be out of my control
to some extent. I don't know how to go about it - if I give them a
copy, they could in turn make copies and sell it without my knowledge.
Or use it in some way without credit, etc. I guess that's the risk you
run...but I would like to know how I could minimize my risk.

Thanks,
Christine
Old January 30th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
stampingmaniac

Christine,

This is more a legal copyright question. I suggest you read the U.S.
Copyright Office's FAQ: http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#wccc

As I understand it, your stamp had an implied copyright the moment you
creating. Enforcing that copyright, of course, is a whole other
discussion! Good luck!

--Barbara

Old January 31st 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
[email protected]

This is more a legal copyright question. *I suggest you read the U.S.
Copyright Office's FAQ:http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#wccc

As I understand it, your stamp had an implied copyright the moment you
creating. *Enforcing that copyright, of course, is a whole other
discussion! *Good luck!

--Barbara

Thanks for your advice Barbara, I'll check it out. Yup, I'm totally
thinking about enforcement too!

Best,
Christine
Old February 13th 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

I would also check into the Trademark things too. Just my humble
opinion.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754