glass beads

Old October 30th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Ann Eales

Default glass beads

Hi,
I am digging out my dd polymer clay stuff to try out. Can I put glass seed
beads onto the clay before I fire them and will they stick or do I glue them
on later,
Ann

Old November 1st 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Depending on how far in they get pushed, they may stay just fine. It
never hurts to pop them out, add a very tiny dab of superglue, then
stick 'em back.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Old November 1st 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Ann Eales

Thank you Barbara,
Good idea, I never thought of that, and the shape will still be there for me
to see where to put them back,
Ann

Old November 5th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Martha[_4_]

"Ann Eales" wrote in message
Thank you Barbara,
Good idea, I never thought of that, and the shape will still be there for
me to see where to put them back,
Ann

Or, you could brush a layer of liquid polymer clay on top of the piece
before adding the beads. The beads will stick to that after baking. Sculpey
for a matte finish and Kato for a shinier one. You'd have to add the beads
carefully so you don't mess up the 'finish.' Translucent Liquid Sculpey is
supposed to be self-leveling but I haven't found that to be entirely true.
Haven't tried the Kato liquid yet, just know it's a shinier finish.

Martha

Old November 5th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Ann Eales

Thank you Martha,
Ann

Old November 6th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
John Smith

Ann Eales wrote:
Hi,
I am digging out my dd polymer clay stuff to try out. Can I put glass seed
beads onto the clay before I fire them and will they stick or do I glue them
on later,
Ann

My wife was wondering if it would be possible for her to make beads out
of some form of recycled glass with a standard propane torch (no
oxygen)--bottles, jars, glasses, window glass, knick-knacks, etc.

Various people have told us different things. However, some have stated
the melting point of most glass is above what can be reached with a
standard propane torch.

Anyone know of a source of "garbage glass" which can be melted with the
standard torch and recycled into glass beads?

I realize this question has, most likely, come up before; unfortunately,
I am unable to find any info on it.

Thanks in advance,
warmest regards,
JS

AD: $5 to spend NOW on glass beads, more at Rubber Nation Stamps Beads Crafts! [email protected][_2_] Glass 1 June 28th 07 12:54 AM
AD- Presenting Jones Art Glass. Contemporary Glass Beads [email protected] Beads 3 December 27th 05 12:21 AM
AD -- Beads by Mail ! really low prices for Czech glass beads beadplay Beads 10 June 11th 05 09:09 PM
Ad: Sea Glass Beads Beadbimbo Beads 9 June 6th 05 06:25 AM
new glass beads jw Glass 0 September 17th 03 04:16 PM