Gathering Info Needed: Sorta OT

Old September 11th 03, 01:27 AM
Dr. Sooz

Default Gathering Info Needed: Sorta OT

Where will the Gathering be next year?

I just need some ballpark figures to help me figure out what it will cost
me to go next year. Not as a vendor, as an attendee. I do know that the
rooms this year were $99, and I plan to share with someone.

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old September 11th 03, 01:32 AM
CLP

You could all gather at my house...yes?

--
It could work.

Live and be well,
Christy
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Where will the Gathering be next year?

I just need some ballpark figures to help me figure out what it will

cost
me to go next year. Not as a vendor, as an attendee. I do know that the
rooms this year were $99, and I plan to share with someone.

~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old September 11th 03, 03:04 PM
Kandice Seeber

Portland, Oregon. July 29- Aug 1, 2004. And as an attendee, it's at least a
couple hundred dollars (as far as I know from the meetings a few months ago)
not including the room, so save up!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old September 11th 03, 03:43 PM
Tink

So far, I've budgeted $1,150, not including meals and spending money. That
will, hopefully, cover my flight, too.

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

et...

Old September 11th 03, 08:01 PM
Magik

"Tink" wrote in message
I always fly out of Detroit, and I'll have a ride up there, so no long

term
parking. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

Tink

Yeah so long as you don't mind being treated like cattle and are not
terribly tall, SW Air is the cheapest ride anywhere. Plus they
occasionally have specials that are even cheaper. You might want to sign up
for their Click n Save emails.

Also, assuming that the Gathering will be at one of the big centers
(Convention Center, Coliseum, Expo Center) and if you will be staying in
Dowtown or near the site, you can forego a rental car and take the MAX.
Public transit in Portland is absolutely the best in the Western States.
Tri-Met buses get you almost anywhere you want to go and the MAX trains are
a wonderful way to get to downtown, the airport, etc. And although lots of
people do it, I wouldn't want to be from out of town and try to negotiate
the downtown grid in a vehicle. I live here and on the rare occasion I have
to drive downtown, it makes me nuts!

--
Tanya
Portland, OR

Old September 13th 03, 08:16 AM
KDK

Sounds good to me. Where are you again??

Kathy K

Old September 13th 03, 12:46 PM
Kandice Seeber

The Gathering is not at any of those large places. I can't tell you where
it is yet (not allowed - we have to wait until they put it on ISGB), but I
can tell you that you are near MAX and a short ride downtown. However, you
will not be near the airport. But, Tink, you will have many people around
who I am sure will help with transportation.
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs