Keep your fingers crossed!

Old June 23rd 15, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default Keep your fingers crossed!

I am entering my things in the county fair today. They include:

a knitted afghan
cs advent calendar
Santa portrait (sh! don't tell the judges...I actually stitched that
before my kids were born but never got it put together until Sunday!)
3 small designs from the 2005 CATS show
3 crocheted crosses
a princess dress for my DGD
3 African violets
and some pinks (flowers)

Wish me luck!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old June 23rd 15, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

Wishing you the best of luck! Keeping fingers crossed. When is the judging? Just asking cause my fingers cramp after awhile. (lol)
Old June 25th 15, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 6/23/2015 3:07 PM, Ruth wrote:
Wishing you the best of luck! Keeping fingers crossed. When is
the judging? Just asking cause my fingers cramp after awhile. (lol)

They judged yesterday morning, so you can uncross your fingers now!

I will let you know tomorrow, after I check on them later today.

Old June 25th 15, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 6/23/2015 4:33 PM, wrote:

You don't need luck, your work is lovely Joan and I am sure - as ever
- you will bring home the medals lol

Thank you for your kind words, Sheena!

A coworker is also entering a number of things, so I have some competition!

Old June 29th 15, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 6/25/2015 11:01 AM, Joan Erickson wrote:

I will let you know tomorrow, after I check on them later today.

Okay, here goes:
a knitted afghan - 1st place and Division Reserve Champion
cs advent calendar - 1st place
Santa portrait - 1st place and Class Reserve Champion
3 small designs from the 2005 CATS show - 1st, 2nd & 3rd
3 crocheted crosses - 2nd & 3rd (one didn't place)
a princess dress for my DGD - 1st place
3 African violets - 1st, Class and Division Champion, 2nd & Class
Reserve & 3rd
and some pinks (flowers) - 1st place and Class Reserve

Prizes are 1st - $3, 2nd - $2, and 3rd - $1
So I ended up with $30 in prizes!
When I went to pick them up, the sheet said I got $50!!! I got $10
bonuses for having won the most points in the Needlework Division and
the Horticulture Division! That was a first for me. WooHoooooo!

I don't have them all in there, yet, but watch for pics in rctnp!

Old June 29th 15, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley

On 29/06/2015 16:44, Joan Erickson wrote:
[...]

Congratulations, for a wonderful result.
Happy dancing for you
Hugs
Shirley

--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old June 30th 15, 02:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

WOW..Congratulations!!! You cleaned up!

Old June 30th 15, 07:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug[_2_]

On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 8:44:55 AM UTC-7, Joan Erickson wrote:
[...]

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Liz from Humbug
Old June 30th 15, 01:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

On 6/29/2015 11:44 AM, Joan Erickson wrote:
[...]

Congratulations!!!! Well done!!

Nancy