Newbie

Old January 23rd 14, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sewnigel

Default Newbie

Hi everyone, just discovered this site and hope to get as much feedback as
possible. I'm new to the site, but also reasonably new to the whole
needlecrafts scene. My sewing extends to basic mending/alterations and I've
tackled a little cross stitch kit which I really enjoyed, even though I ran
out of thread!! My New Year's Resolution is to learn to crochet. My interests
basically run to anything that involves stitching, be it with thread or yarn,
so I love sewing, all types of embroidery and needlework, knitting and
crochet. At some time in the future I'd like to get into quilting and beading
too.I subscribe to various needlearts magazines including Piecework, Stitch,
Interweave Crochet and Interweave Knits. If there's no needle involved I'd
direct my energies to baking.
I live in Chile(where needlecrafts are still seen as a woman's hobby!), run my
own business and am married with 2 grown up step kids. They all love me and I
love them, so that's kinda cool. Please write lots!!
Nigel

Old January 29th 14, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 1/23/2014 12:44 PM, sewnigel wrote:
[...]

Welcome, Nigel! It's great to finally have a new member in our
needlework family!!! Let us know what you're working on. And know
this: we are great at enabling!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old January 30th 14, 09:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sewnigel

replying to Joan Erickson , sewnigel wrote:
Thanks Joan. Haven't been doing much needlework recently, too much of work
that doesn´t involve any needles! I've been reading my latest Jane Austen
Knits and there's an interesting article about Dorset buttons which is
something I'd really like to do. I 'm attaching one of the photos. I'll let
you know if I make any progress!

--
Nigel

Old January 30th 14, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley

On 30/01/2014 20:44, sewnigel wrote:
replying to Joan Erickson , sewnigel wrote:
Thanks Joan. Haven't been doing much needlework recently, too much of work
that doesn´t involve any needles! I've been reading my latest Jane Austen
Knits and there's an interesting article about Dorset buttons which is
something I'd really like to do. I 'm attaching one of the photos. I'll let
you know if I make any progress!

You might like to look at this site.
http://www.craftstylish.com/item/426...ttons/page/all

Shirley from UK.
--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk

Newbie Me[_2_] Jewelry 6 July 2nd 12 05:36 PM
Hi! Newbie! Gertie Yarn 3 April 23rd 05 04:20 AM
Newbie needs help twinkiesmom Polymer Clay 9 April 11th 05 04:52 PM
From the Newbie colleen lydon Quilting 2 April 5th 05 04:47 PM
newbie glass guy Beads 11 March 29th 05 07:51 AM