information about Indigo Rose's Desiderata

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 9th 04, 04:58 AM
Rachel Janzen

Default information about Indigo Rose's Desiderata

So I'm reading through blogs today and got to WhizGidget Wonders site
and was reading through the state of stitching report. I got to the link
for the Desdiderata design (
http://www.elegantstitch.com/indigorose/desiderata.jpg ). I immediately
thought of a person I work with, she actually trained me when I first
was wired there. She retires in 18 months and loves this poem. I sort of
thought of doing it for her, but hesitated, because I don't like putting
that much time, effort and money into a project for a person who is not
a relative or very close friend. Then I thought of my bosses (direct and
the one above her) and thought maybe they could help with the expense.
Then I was like - they both cross stich, maybe we could all work
together on this. I already know if this happens, my boss' boss will not
be doing any backstitch - she hates it. She has an entire drawer full of
projects that are done except backstitching. :-) But I have some
questions. Does this project need any specialty threads? From what I was
reading on the blog (http://www.whizgidget.blogspot.com/) it is
typically done on 28 count. Both of my bosses no longer work on 28
count. Can it be done on 14 count Aida (excuse me as I shudder - even
the Aida I work on tends to be 16 or 18 count)? Any help would be
appreciated before I go make a presentation to my bosses. :-)

Thanks everyone.

Rachel

More information about allaboutbeading DreamBeadr Beads 5 October 28th 04 03:28 PM
American Antique Watches (also Jewellery Watches): Information Sources Indicator [email protected] Jewelry 0 October 7th 04 02:20 PM
AD: Mints & Roses starlia Beads 15 March 19th 04 06:01 PM
New Roses & Japanese embroidery designs, plus freebies! Anna & Polina Machine Knit 0 February 7th 04 03:07 PM
Information request Mo Glass 3 October 9th 03 11:33 PM