bottlecaps??

Old October 18th 05, 11:28 PM
crna_ofca

Default bottlecaps??

what kind of new trend is that? ebay is full of bottlecap beads.
Old October 19th 05, 12:12 AM
Greg Krynen

No idea but it sure is strange since bottle caps can be sharp and painful.

Greg

Old October 19th 05, 11:46 AM
Arondelle

"crna_ofca" wrote in message

what kind of new trend is that? ebay is full of bottlecap beads.

When was the last time you saw a bottle with a bottlecap in the grocery
store? Except for beer, the bottlecap is an endangered species, and is
becoming "collectible."

Arondelle
--
"Supermodels. Hah! Nothing 'super' about them - spoiled, stupid little
stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves.

"Feh! I used to design for GODS!"

Edna Mode: "The Incredibles"
Old October 19th 05, 03:43 PM
Campylaura

I also saw all the bottlecap beads on eBay, but I assumed they use the
bottle cap as a mold to flute the edges and the finished piece doesn't
actually contain the bottle cap.

It is strange how something like that can appear out of "nowhere".
With all the experienced cutting-edge beaders around it's odd not to
have heard of them before and suddenly they are everywhere!

Old October 19th 05, 06:33 PM
crna_ofca

Campylaura wrote:
I also saw all the bottlecap beads on eBay, but I assumed they use the
bottle cap as a mold to flute the edges and the finished piece doesn't
actually contain the bottle cap.

It is strange how something like that can appear out of "nowhere".
With all the experienced cutting-edge beaders around it's odd not to
have heard of them before and suddenly they are everywhere!

but check for example this photo:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Reindeer-polymer... cmdZViewItem

that little reindeer obviously "sits" on bottlecap. and i cant quite
understand why
Old October 19th 05, 06:36 PM
crna_ofca

crna_ofca wrote:

but check for example this photo:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Reindeer-polymer... cmdZViewItem

that little reindeer obviously "sits" on bottlecap. and i cant quite
understand why

or he
http://justforangels.com/JFA-BTL-01a.jpg
Old October 19th 05, 08:04 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I've seen 'blank' bottlecaps at the craft stores.

----------
Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay & Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!

Old October 19th 05, 08:47 PM
Arondelle

Ah! I remember! Scrapbookers use them as decorations on scrapbook
pages. (Although WHY, exactly, I'll never know...)

Arondelle

Old October 19th 05, 10:11 PM
crna_ofca

Arondelle wrote:
Ah! I remember! Scrapbookers use them as decorations on scrapbook
pages. (Although WHY, exactly, I'll never know...)

Arondelle

im totally lost)) ill start collecting them or something)
Old October 20th 05, 12:33 AM
Greg Krynen

Actually I get them on sodas quite often, the ginger ales I had last week
had them and I bought those at Ralphs (a big chain). Many small bottlers
still use them.

Greg