The Beadmakers Liberation Front

Old February 13th 04, 03:47 AM
RadioStmpr

How would YOU display them? How DO you display them?

I haven't actually gotten around to completing this yet, but my idea for
displaying my beads (I have some really beautiful ones from Tink that will be
just perfect for this) is a "bead tree". I make hangers for my beads (that can
also double of pendants if I want to wear them), and then I can put them on a
tree to match my mood. I have an Easter tree that I got from Hallmark (meant to
display theit miniature ornaments), and a tiny Christmas tree so far. Does this
make any sense to anyone?

Just my 2 cents,
Mandy

Old February 13th 04, 04:17 AM
Debbie B

That's a heck of an idea Mandy. I think I will have to incorporate that.
Do you mind?

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short

---

Old February 13th 04, 09:21 AM
starlia

Now I want a hibachi table. I'm going to ask my friend's mother if she'll
bring one back or have one sent to me when she returns to Japan.

What do you think about rice in the bottom with the beads on display? I can
cut the glass --- no problem. I have plenty of sheet glass around.

Old February 13th 04, 03:53 PM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

I just found some cute shadow boxes in the dollar store - I think it was
Dollar Tree, but they all run together somehow. They are unfinished wood
(probably balsa) with hinged lids. The lids have a plastic sheet in them -
possibly could be replaced by glass.

--
Vibrant Jewels Online Bead & Jewelry Store
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm

Karleen Page/Vibrant Jewels
JustBead Auctions
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
PayPal Merchant Account
https://www.paypal.com/mrb/pal=7XJ98L86Z7S2C
"Margie" wrote in message
On 12 Feb 2004 20:23:08 GMT, uppies (Dr. Sooz)
wrote:

Now I'll have to figure out how best to display all those wonderful
pieces of art glass.

How would YOU display them? How DO you display them?

I was thinking of putting some of my best ones in a small shadowbox type

frame.
I think I'll mount them on peyote stitch of single-color, matte 11s

covering
the entire back surface.

My mother used to collect thimbles. She had all manner of shadow type
boxes, some nothing more than cubicles and others more elaborate with
glass, some even had glass doors that opened for close viewing and
fondling pleasure. Hey, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
LOL Something along those lines? I'll have to run it past dh who is
very clever and creative in the framing department.

psst....mirrors....

Off to surf the web, I'll report back if I find anything interesting.

--
Margie
http://snurl.com/2u8t

Old February 13th 04, 03:57 PM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

AKA While You Were Out or Trading Spaces - in some of the shows they made
coffee tables with a space to put stuff in under glass. It would be really
cool to make one with sections and a hinged lid, maybe lit underneath -
think a frosted plexiglass - so you could enjoy the beads every day... plus
it would be easy to change them out. I've always wanted one like that I
could put shells and collectables in. I'll wait though until the grandkids
get older so they won't be tempted to "break in" or use the coffee table for
wrestling matches!

--
Vibrant Jewels Online Bead & Jewelry Store
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm

Karleen Page/Vibrant Jewels
JustBead Auctions
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
PayPal Merchant Account
https://www.paypal.com/mrb/pal=7XJ98L86Z7S2C
"Margie" wrote in message
On 12 Feb 2004 21:27:56 GMT, uppies (Dr. Sooz)
wrote:

Something along those lines? I'll have to run it past dh who is
very clever and creative in the framing department.

Oh, no, Margie -- I'm not asking for help. I'm trying to spark

discussion and
sharing. I know exactly what I'm going to do. (Mirrors are way too
distracting)

You are right! I was looking and oh my...am I the only one that finds
some of the curio cabinets tacky? I did see one I liked that is made
from rosewood, an open table top design, I liked the feeling of space.
Table top won't do in this house.

Not all beads lend themselves to sitting properly. How will you do
that, Sooz?

Old February 13th 04, 06:21 PM
Kaytee

In article , "starlia"
writes:

I'm going to ask my friend's mother if she'll
bring one back or have one sent to me when she returns to Japan.

The real ones are very heavy, and back in 1990 were running about $600 for the
"antiques" (pre-WWII) that were being brought back from Korea. Mind you, this
was through the military wives' clubs and/or the PX, so most were being shipped
to Okinawa via military transport at very low cost, and there were no import
duties or taxes on them. The ones in need of a lot of refinishing were about
$300-400. The flimsy reproductions were about $200, and were a lot lighter.

Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Old February 13th 04, 08:10 PM
Dr. Sooz

I haven't actually gotten around to completing this yet, but my idea for
displaying my beads (I have some really beautiful ones from Tink that will be
just perfect for this) is a "bead tree". I make hangers for my beads (that
can
also double of pendants if I want to wear them), and then I can put them on a
tree to match my mood. I have an Easter tree that I got from Hallmark (meant
display theit miniature ornaments), and a tiny Christmas tree so far. Does
this
make any sense to anyone?

Mandy, that sounds totally cool! I love it. (Where've you been, grrl?
Welcome back)
~~
Sooz
-------