success finding fabric/good service

Old November 10th 03, 11:17 PM
Gail Matthews

Default success finding fabric/good service

Last week I got the idea that I had to go to the LQS I pass
every Tuesday night on my way to school. I haven't been to
this store in over a year since it's further away than the RLQS
(REALLY Local QS) that's less than a mile from home. While
I was browsing around, I found a rather nice little print
that I thought would work for a quilt I kinda had in mind to
make, but they only had three FQs - no fabric on the bolt. :-(

So I bought the 3 FQs thinking that I'd look for more, even
knowing that this might be a really, really bad idea. The
last time I found some fabric I absolutely had to have, I
looked for over a year, contacted the manufacturer, begged,
pleaded, posted to missingfabrics.com, etc., etc., and never
found another scrap of it. I lust after that fabric to this day.

The RLQS didn't have my latest have-to-have-it print, nor did
eQuilter.com, so I hit the web. Quiltshops.com search page found
it in about 20 minutes of poking around, and Quilter's Quarter in
Mountaintop, PA, shipped it to me the next day. The fabric arrived
this morning. I am so pleased, and so relieved that I won't be
obsessing over this fabric for the next year. :-)

So, kudos to quiltshops.com for the search page and to Quilter's
Quarter for their speedy delivery.

-- gail

Old November 11th 03, 02:16 AM
Laura Bartl

cool! I just ordered some batting from there, looking forward to getting
it! good to know you had a good experience!

--
Laura Bartl
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/laurabartl/index.htm

ink.net...