figures and faces !

Old September 12th 03, 01:41 PM
AnnieHowland

Default figures and faces !

Hi there - I am new to posting - but really wanted to know if anyone can
advise any tips for making good faces for my figures - I sculpt 2 1/2" to 13 "
creations, but just can't seem to come up with a face i like.

Can anyone offer any advice,books to read,websites to help

many thanks annie
Old September 12th 03, 03:09 PM
Sjpolyclay

"
creations, but just can't seem to come up with a face i like.

Can anyone offer any advice,books

my book Celebrations with Polymer Clay has a section on modeling faces, and on
casting them into molds. James Carrington has a great book on making figures,
and Kathy Dewey has one coming out too. Maureen Carlson's are popular but too
"cute" for my tastes, maybe it'd work for you though if that's your preference.

Good luck and welcome to posting!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Old September 12th 03, 06:44 PM
The Dawnwich Horror

I think it's been a while since I posted this... There is a dollmakers
email list at www.dollmaking.org. There are about 750 members, with about
20 posts a day average. It's a great place to pick up information on
dollmaking and related arts. You can see some work by members at
www.dollmaking.org/show-n-tell/coppermine

--
Dawn Albright

http://www.dawnwich.com
Old September 12th 03, 09:17 PM
AnnieHowland

It's a great place to pick up information on
dollmaking and related arts

many thanks to you and sarajane for taking the time to reply ,I have lots to
look at now.

regards,
Annie
Old November 10th 03, 06:39 PM
Sjpolyclay

Where can I purchase a copy of your book, and how much is it?

Debbie

my book Celebrations with Polymer Clay has a section on modeling faces,

and on
casting them into molds.

Debbie, you can get it through Amazon.com or at your local Borders, Joanne's,
or Michael's store, those last two often have coupons in the paper or online
for 40-50% off one item.
Here's the Amazon link:
and here's my page about it, there's some links to reviews, etc.
http://www.polyclay.com/cwpc.htm

Old November 13th 03, 07:52 PM
Debbie Dempsey

Thank you!
I'll definitely check it out. I have a Borders and Michaels close by.

Debbie