bottlecaps??

Old October 20th 05, 12:36 AM
Greg Krynen

Default bottlecaps??

Its a conspiracy by the bottlecap manufacturers union to make sure they have
jobs for the forseeable future.

Greg

"crna_ofca" wrote in message
Arondelle wrote:
Ah! I remember! Scrapbookers use them as decorations on scrapbook pages.
(Although WHY, exactly, I'll never know...)

Arondelle

im totally lost)) ill start collecting them or something)

Old October 20th 05, 09:41 AM
crna_ofca

Greg Krynen wrote:
Its a conspiracy by the bottlecap manufacturers union to make sure they have
jobs for the forseeable future.

why didnt you say so in a first place?))
Old October 20th 05, 01:47 PM
mermaidscove_com

It's also strange because they are "beads" with no holes. Saw somebody
selling undrilled shells as beads too. I think the one sure condition
for calling something a bead is having a hole through it.

Mexican folk artists did the bottle cap thing first, usually collaged
with pictures of saints and such inside, like this cross:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mexican-Folk-Art...QQcmdZViewItem

The reason was that you could put a paper image in the bottom and then
pur in epoxy glaze to finish it. Then later it was picked up as a
scrapbooking thing and also making bracelets is popular.

Ingrid
http://www.mermaidscove.com

Old October 21st 05, 12:04 AM
Greg Krynen

Regarding the undrilled beads: I also noticed that, several artists are
selling undrilled beads. I do as well but my ads and on my webspace are
signs stating they can be top,side,center or multidrilled as needed and that
it is included in the cost of the beads. Just made sense to me since it
gives the client more ooptions to have exactly what they want. It has been a
popular option too.

oups.com...