An evil quilt attacks you !

Old October 26th 04, 01:56 PM
Diana Curtis

LOL!
Good one georg.
What I would do is throw it in the washing machine. Its not really haunted,
it just smells that way.
Diana

--
Vote this November (U.S.A.)
"georg" wrote in message
. ..
Karl-Hugo Weesberg wrote:

You are in an old house, alone!

Suddenly and without warning, an evil, cursed quilt from hell attacks

you!

What do you do?

Hug it and squeeze it and love it and feed it and call it

-georg

Old October 26th 04, 02:01 PM
frood

Bunnies! Bunnies! It must be bunnies!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"MoragP" wrote in message
Suddenly and without warning, an evil, cursed quilt from hell attacks
you!

Everybody knows that you don't curse a quilt until you try to do the
borders.
Cut them off, QUICK, and add pink borders and lace. That'll fix it!

If it's really, really bad, put bunnies on it.
Morag in Detroit

Old October 26th 04, 02:31 PM
the black rose

frood wrote:
Bunnies! Bunnies! It must be bunnies!

Or maybe midgets...

:-D

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protester

proud to be owned by a yorkie
Old October 26th 04, 02:32 PM
the black rose

Piglet wrote:
Shout "XYZZY!", watch it become placid,

A hollow voice says, "PLUGH."

Old October 27th 04, 12:17 AM
Shona in NZ

Ha! And I understood :-)

Shona a closet text adventure addict in NZ

"Piglet" wrote in message
Shout "XYZZY!", watch it become placid, and put it in my thing my aunt

gave
me I don't know what it is, so that I will always have it with me in case

get cold or lonely and need quiltie snuggles.

--pig, crossing her hands...and her games...a bit

On 10/25/04 8:53 PM, in article
, "Karl-Hugo Weesberg"

Old October 27th 04, 12:31 AM
Shona in NZ

Obviously it is a perfect quilt so there is no place for the evil spirits to
exit. I would take a block out and put it back in wonky so the spirits
could leave.

Shona who always makes imperfect quilts in NZ

om...

Old October 27th 04, 12:32 AM
Shona in NZ

Dust bunnies

Shona a dust bunny collector in NZ

Old September 4th 10, 12:55 AM
grand daughter grand daughter is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhilyard View Post
Here's the story of the Haunted Quilt of Poy Sippi, Wisconsin.

Nann
(who has been to Poy Sippi)

World's Most Spine-Tingling "True" Ghost Stories
Sheila Anne Barry
The Christmas Quilt

In 1957, the day before her daughter Florence came to visit, Mrs.
Monroe pulled out the old box containing the patchwork quilt. She
had found it in the top of a closet when she and her husband had
bought the Poy Sippi, Wisconsin, farmhouse two years ago. It was a
charming old-fashioned quilt, red and yellow and beautifully
handmade, but she had never put it out on a bed before. What was she
waiting for?

When Florence arrived, she admired the quilt, and went
to bed that night expecting to get a good night's sleep. But that's
not what happened. At about midnight, she woke up with a start as
the quilt was jerked away from her. She grabbed onto it with both
hands, but the quilt kept pulling away as if someone was at the
other end of it, and a woman's voice said, "Give me back my
Christmas quilt." Florence was petrified. There was no one there,
but the tugging didn't stop and neither did the voice. Florence held
on to the quilt all night. It wasn't until dawn that the tugging
stopped.

That was the beginning. Soon everyone wanted to test out
the quilt. The first one was Mrs. Monroe's other daughter, Margaret,
who brought her own daughter with her. They gave up on the quilt
shortly after midnight when it got painfully hot. Margaret's 18-year-
old son was next. He was sleeping on a couch and got his cousin
Richard to watch from a roll-away bed they had set up across the
room. Right after midnight, Richard saw the quilt pull itself off
Tom. He said that it raised up about 12 inches and floated toward
the foot of the couch, landing on the floor.

Margaret's daughter had a boyfriend who gave it a try. When, at
about midnight, the quilt
started to move, he jumped out of bed. Then the cover straightened
itself out until it was as smooth as if the bed had just been made.

A cousin from California had the quilt sent out there so that her
family could try it. The quilt got very hot, she reported in a
letter that she sent back with the quilt, whenever anyone tried to
sleep under it.

They also heard footsteps, as if someone
was "running around the house in his bare feet." Finally, Mr. Monroe
put the quilt on his own bed. At first, when he felt the tugging, he
hung on to it. Then, he thought, why not let go and see what
happens? "The crazy thing dragged itself across the floor," he
said, "and curled up under the dresser."

The Christmas quilt, after
being sent here and there and "tried" by person after person,
finally got the last laugh. On Halloween, in 1963, the Oshkosh
Northwestern sponsored a ghosthunting event, in which two women
would sleep under the quilt while three other women stood guard. The
Christmas quilt did absolutely nothing. In the end, the ghost or the
poltergeist or the entity that so loved the Christmas quilt got its
way. None of the family members wanted it on the bed. So the
Christmas quilt was put out strictly for show-and given a wide berth.

END
I'am a grand daughter of the woman who owned the quilt and it is still here with us and believe it or not in good shape yet. and we will try it out this labor day weekend and see what happens ,it has been over 45 years since last tested.we will keep you posted ...still around in Oshkosh wisconsin