OT - Chocolate cupcake recipe?

Old August 7th 13, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default OT - Chocolate cupcake recipe?

بتاريخ السبت، 2 يوليو، 2005 UTC+3 10:02:10 م، كتب Johanna Gibson:
I was all set to make chocolate cupcakes, but my American cookbook
doesn't have a recipe for them! How can this be? It has various
recipes for muffins... which leads me to wonder: What is the
difference between a muffin and a cupcake?
Anyway, I know many of you love to bake, so can someone help me out
and post their favorite Chocolate Cupcake Recipe?
Meanwhile, I'll make a pound cake instead, in a half chocolate/half
vanilla style.

-- Jo in Scotland

Old August 7th 13, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
CaroleD-Retired and Loving It

Usually you just use regular chocolate cake batter and pour it into muffin
tins to bake, rather than finding a recipe specifically for cupcakes.

Muffins have a coarser consistency and often aren't quite as sweet.

(I am NOT a good cook, so I'm sure someone else will have a much better
explanation.)

CaroleD - Retired and Loving it

Old August 7th 13, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Here we go again, but this message is only EIGHT years old. Where do they dig these up? LOL

Leslie & The Furbabies in flooded

Old August 8th 13, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_3_]

On 07/08/2013 21:29, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
Here we go again, but this message is only EIGHT years old. Where do they dig these up? LOL

Leslie& The Furbabies in flooded

On Saturday, July 2, 2005 2:02:10 PM UTC-5, Johanna Gibson wrote:
I was all set to make chocolate cupcakes, but my American cookbook
doesn't have a recipe for them! How can this be? It has various
recipes for muffins... which leads me to wonder: What is the
difference between a muffin and a cupcake?
Anyway, I know many of you love to bake, so can someone help me out
and post their favorite Chocolate Cupcake Recipe?
Meanwhile, I'll make a pound cake instead, in a half chocolate/half
vanilla style.

-- Jo in Scotland

Yes, I have learnt how to make chocolate muffins during the last 8
years..... Why is it always my posts they find?!?

-- Jo in Scotland
Old August 9th 13, 02:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 17:27:22 +0100, Jo Gibson wrote:

On 07/08/2013 21:29, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
Here we go again, but this message is only EIGHT years old. Where do
they dig these up? LOL

Leslie& The Furbabies in flooded

Yes, I have learnt how to make chocolate muffins during the last 8
years..... Why is it always my posts they find?!?

-- Jo in Scotland

Because you are out and proud about being in Scotland?
Maybe the mysterious forces of the internet are hoping for a discussion
about a quilt made with tartans, or a thread about about recipes for
Black Bun.

As for me I have been tempted to try to make a Black Bun. When he was
small DH's gramma MacGowan would wax fondly about them and wish her
health permitted her to go at baking them, as well as other fine things
from her youth.

However I have never been fond enough of tartans and plaids to want to
make a stab at a quilt based on them.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old August 9th 13, 08:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_3_]

On 09/08/2013 02:25, NightMist wrote:
[...]

I did make a quilt using Black Watch plaid (a pleated skirt of mine
which I cut up) and also a red tartan (an old pair of pajamas). I
backed it with red fleece. That quilt is in the Ukraine now. I wonder
if I even got a picture? A friend asked me the other day how many
quilts I've made and I guessed "15" but I think it may be more. I want
to sit down and make a little diary of the quilts I've made so far (with
photos, and most are pre-digital) and try and keep up now!

-- Jo in Scotland
Old August 11th 13, 01:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
- dlm.

Pat - I'm SO jealous! I would love to have a bite (or three) of the real "Death by Chocolate" cake. I've made it following the recipe in his cookbook. It was fantastic! That said, I was exhausted...even though I paced myself per his suggestion(s) in the cookbook. Since that initial attempt, I'm modified the recipe so there aren't as many layers. It is still a lot of work, but well worth the effort.

- dlm. in central MA

P.S. Great to "see" you again!

On Monday, July 4, 2005 1:44:18 PM UTC-4, Pat in Virginia wrote:
Bronnie:
Thanks for the recipe, but since Marcel's restaurant is in the next
town, I can just get the originals!! BTW: Marcel is a gentleman chef.

His signature Death By Chocolate dessert is to die for but his
Trellis restaurant serves other lovely desserts too. Next time you are
in my neighborhood, we can make it a day trip, okay?

PAT, NAYY but just 25 minutes from the Trellis, in VA/USA

Old July 10th 16, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Granny Twitchells cupcakes have been a mainstay in our house for years.... Especially Halloween! Good job pointing her to this amazing recipe! So chocolatey and absolutely decadent! 💝 MM
Old July 10th 16, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Night Mist

On Saturday, July 9, 2016 at 11:38:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Granny Twitchells cupcakes have been a mainstay in our house for years..... Especially Halloween! Good job pointing her to this amazing recipe! So chocolatey and absolutely decadent! 💝 MM

A second resurrection!
Chocolate cake recipes are totally worth bring back a time or dozen.

NightMist