On a Roll now/ Curves and Steps/Bear Mountain quilt

Old July 4th 15, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default On a Roll now/ Curves and Steps/Bear Mountain quilt

I just finished a quicky quilt, one of those no brainer kind. It was called Curves and Steps. You just cut 5 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches rectangles, then take 5 strips of 2 1/2 inch and sew them together(I did change the strips around from row to row) and cut them 5 1/2 inches. Those two sections are sewen together giving a simple block. I had found some curvy material on line, so ordered it.
The project I am working on now is called Bear Mountain Quilt from Fons and Porter's Easy Quilts magazine, Winter 2010. This is a pretty old magazine which I kept because it had a couple of quilts I wanted to try. Quilt was designed by Nancy Mahoney if you happen to know about her designs. This quilt starts out with gold/orange quarter squares then has 4 appliqued leaves and center disk; the other block has 4 1/2 inch center square, then dark brown around the center square, then the outer edges have 4 flying geese, 4 brown/gold half squares, 4 rust/gold half squares around the block. The outer border has bear theme print and dark green inner border. I am really getting experience doing half squares and quarter squares. Hope I have described this quilt so you have an idea what it looks like. Happy 4th of July.
Sandy$
Old July 4th 15, 11:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

wrote in message

[...]

Sounds like an unusual block quilt. Hope your 4th is/was a good one!
Barbara in SC