A necklace I am proud of :)

Old January 20th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Default Green Agate?

What is green agate?
Real, or enhanced by man?
Pretty or not?
Should we use it in our jewelry?
What is green quartz?
How is it different from green agate?
It is pretty, isn't it?
Anyone have some to sell? Cheap? Oh course!
Don Norris

Old January 20th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Default Further Apology, might be an AD

Hi Peter,
OH, it was an ad for sure. I thought I would sneak it in before you
plonked or plunked me. I always "stretch things" as much as I can. It
will be the last though, if I post any more at all it will be only for
answering questions. I will even go after rude posters and my attackers
of list from this point on.

Peter, I probably respect you, and your knowledge, more than anyone on
the web. I would like to know about what you do, how you go started,
where in the world you are. Please, let us know about you and your work.

Only positive posts, and no ads,
Thanks,
Don
RUSTYSILVERART.COM

Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:

"MIGHT be an ad"? Um. Part apology, part ad. How's that? But it's enough a
part of the ongoing conversation that I allowed it. Just please don't,Don,
make too much of a habit of it, OK? Remember that minor bits of advertising in
a sig file at the end of an otherwise acceptable posting have always been
allowed, so there's one easy loophole. In this case, most of your postis the
almost/might be ad. Stretching things, sir (grin)

Peter

Old January 20th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Default A necklace I am proud of :)

Don Norris wrote:

SNIP empty drivel

Well, isn't that the arbiter of bad taste Don "Hard Solder" Norris.

I continue to be amazed how anyone can say so little with so many words.

It won't be long now, before you start advertising your school I bet.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old January 20th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Well said. Thank you.

Martha Hughes
Forms Analyst
Patient Data Services
Harborview Medical Center
Box 359738
206-744-9054

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow
in Australia." (Charles Schultz)
"Charlie" wrote in message
news Hey, I'm inspired already! Have actually just had a really good idea!
(Well, not Abrasha-good, but good for me!)

Just remember Abrasha, some of us actually enjoy working with lampworked
beads, sterling silver, swarovski crystal etc. The enjoyment for me is
being able to make AFFORDABLE pieces that other people my age (and older)
can afford and wear and enjoy! As much as I enjoy your necklaces and rings,
I could never in a million years afford one. Some of us also don't have
access to the type of education that you've obviously had either.

Charlie. (I'm in three galleries and counting... does that make me a
professional?)

"Peter W.. Rowe," wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 08:33:52 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry Abrasha
wrote:

Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:02:59 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry Abrasha
wrote:

I think I'm going to hang myself now, or maybe I'll just quietly slit

my
wrists.

Oh no, I can't do that today, I have to make 60 chocolate covered
profiteroles for the school potluck tomorrow night.

Oh well, I'll kill myself the day after tomorrow over this "pretty
necklace" ****.

Sheesh.

Get off your high horse, will ya?

You right, my bad!

Will just make small incision in earlobe for a little bloodletting.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

No doubt this will inspire a new earring design... :-)

Peter

Old January 20th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

I just joined this group ....what is happening to this world?
Just simple respect for each other and for each individuals
capabilities and knowledge would be nice !

We are all different but not one of us is superior to the other. We all
create differently and what we create will appeal to different people.
Isn't that a good thing ...wouldn't it be boring if we all had the same
likes and dislikes...it's what makes our life a challenge...

When looking around at other peoples creations , I might not like what
I see ...but I still have respect for the person and what they have
made.
There will always be someone out there who likes what you've made.
But as a store owner I know that a negative attitude doesn't sell stuff
!!
Remain positive , love what you make and have respect for what others
make ....bad vibes travel a lot faster and further than good ones ....
I suggest working on the good ones !

Old January 21st 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 02:03:06 GMT, Don Norris wrote:

What is green agate?
Real, or enhanced by man?
Pretty or not?
Should we use it in our jewelry?
What is green quartz?
How is it different from green agate?
It is pretty, isn't it?
Anyone have some to sell? Cheap? Oh course!
Don Norris

Bad pacing, poor rhythm.
--
Marilee J. Layman
http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjlayman

Old January 21st 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:18:37 GMT, "likedo"
wrote:

I just joined this group ....what is happening to this world?
Just simple respect for each other and for each individuals
capabilities and knowledge would be nice !

We are all different but not one of us is superior to the other. We all
create differently and what we create will appeal to different people.
Isn't that a good thing ...wouldn't it be boring if we all had the same
likes and dislikes...it's what makes our life a challenge...

Do you normally teach kindergarten?

Of course some of us are superior to others in skills.

Old January 21st 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

likedo wrote:

[...]

GAH, HIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!

~goes into convulsions~

-- m3rma1d
--
www.creativespill.com (Now over a year without updates!)
www.creativespill.com/a_few_new/pieces.html (They were new.. 10+ months

Old January 21st 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

"likedo" wrote in
:

[...]

You haven't been around USNET long have you?
There are certain people that will run down most anything you post and
think they have the most wonderful things(even if they look like machine
pieces).

--
Larry S.
TS 52

Old January 21st 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Sale and return, but I've been having good sales so far. Think I could go
full time by the end of the year if I can find a studio and get a couple
more galleries!

Charlie.

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
Charlie wrote:

Charlie. (I'm in three galleries and counting... does that make me a
professional?)

It depends,
have the galleries paid you for the work?
or
is it on sale or return?
or
were they comissions from them?

Only if youve been at it at least a few years
and you do it full time
and you earn a living from it ,
and the galleries are buying from you,
then maybe you might be a professional.
If its on sale or return your giving the galleries items
to fill their shelf display case space at no cost to them.
only you
.. If theve bought it your part of the way there.
Otherwise no.