3 D Stitching

Old December 22nd 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Miller

Default 3 D Stitching

O.k.,I've just found a site for my latest ta-da moment (the moment I
discovered 3D stitching). It's at
http://www.sewinspiring.co.uk/acatal... ch_kits.html
Too late for this year, but I can picture me stitching an entire
'Christmas Village' by next Christmas. The possibilities for 3D are
endless because it would work with all kinds of needlework. Where has
this been all my life?? lol

Maureen
Old December 22nd 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/22/07 2:08 PM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:11:22 GMT, Maureen Miller
opined:

O.k.,I've just found a site for my latest ta-da moment (the moment I
discovered 3D stitching). It's at
http://www.sewinspiring.co.uk/acatal...ree_dimensiona
l_cross_stitch_kits.html
Too late for this year, but I can picture me stitching an entire
'Christmas Village' by next Christmas. The possibilities for 3D are
endless because it would work with all kinds of needlework. Where has
this been all my life?? lol

Maureen

I like them but they would be an assembly nightmare for me lol A
friend has done this etui and is in the process of putting it
together, it's going to be beautiful.

http://www.berlinembroidery.com/kitofthemonth.htm

You both need this book

http://www.amazon.com/3-D-Cross-Stit...2707967/ref=pd
_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198352672&sr=8-1

Meg Evershed 3-D cross stitch

Old December 22nd 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/22/07 2:54 PM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 14:47:38 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

On 12/22/07 2:08 PM, in article
,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:11:22 GMT, Maureen Miller
opined:

O.k.,I've just found a site for my latest ta-da moment (the moment I
discovered 3D stitching). It's at
http://www.sewinspiring.co.uk/acatal...three_dimensio
na
l_cross_stitch_kits.html
Too late for this year, but I can picture me stitching an entire
'Christmas Village' by next Christmas. The possibilities for 3D are
endless because it would work with all kinds of needlework. Where has
this been all my life?? lol

Maureen

I like them but they would be an assembly nightmare for me lol A
friend has done this etui and is in the process of putting it
together, it's going to be beautiful.

http://www.berlinembroidery.com/kitofthemonth.htm

You both need this book

http://www.amazon.com/3-D-Cross-Stit...2707967/ref=pd
_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198352672&sr=8-1

Meg Evershed 3-D cross stitch

I have full directions in two or three books, but it never seems to go
exactly right for me, a couple of times the end product has been so
poor I jettisoned the thing !

Too bad - Bobbie or I could have tried for you...

Old December 22nd 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

lucretia borgia says...
I have full directions in two or three books, but it never seems to go
exactly right for me, a couple of times the end product has been so
poor I jettisoned the thing !

I'm not a good constructor either and can't blame it on the fact that
some instructions are poorly written. But maybe I will!!!

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old December 22nd 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Maureen Miller wrote:
O.k.,I've just found a site for my latest ta-da moment (the moment I
discovered 3D stitching). It's at
http://www.sewinspiring.co.uk/acatal... ch_kits.html
Too late for this year, but I can picture me stitching an entire
'Christmas Village' by next Christmas. The possibilities for 3D are
endless because it would work with all kinds of needlework. Where has
this been all my life?? lol

Oh, Maureen -

Did you have to show me that site?

Such beatiful stuff!

I've been eyeing the 3-D stuff. I did buy the book of cottages by Meg
Evershed, but haven't made any yet. (I fondle it frequently and dream,
though!) The last issue of Cross-Stitcher, which may still be on the
shelves near you (but not for long, because the new one *just* hit my
local Barnes and Noble a couple of days ago) had a pattern for a
Christmas cottage in cross-stitch, in case you want to get your feet wet
without too big an investment!

Sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old December 23rd 07, 06:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Miller

Susan Hartman wrote:
Maureen Miller wrote:

[...]

Isn't it great Sue? I really like this. And yes, I think I'll have
to hit my local Chapter's books tomorrow because they have a huge
selection of needlework and quilting magazines. I think one or two might
just fit into my Christmas stocking. (happy sigh)

Maureen
Old December 23rd 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
njk

discovered 3D stitching). *It's athttp://www.sewinspiring.co.uk/acatalog/cross_stitch_kits_3_D_three_di...
Too late for this year, but I can picture me stitching an entire
'Christmas Village' by next Christmas. *The possibilities for 3D are
endless because it would work with all kinds of needlework. *Where has
this been all my life?? lol

Maureen

This kind of needlework has been around for a long time in the
plastic canvas crowd, Glad you discovered it. I just taught a small
workshop on it at my local guild. I am doing it with the 14 count
plastic canvas. You can get a lot of detail and use floss with this
canvas. You can get more 3-d detail such as bow windows and chimneys
stitching directly onto the plastic canvas. bead make nice flowers. I
want to combine the 3d architecture with the info in embroidered know
gardens and landscape the yard in 3d too. Assembly can be tricky ...
nancy
Old December 24th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Miller

wrote:

[...]

My specialty is petit point, so I'm thinking of going 'very small',
something like 30 - 40 ct. mesh, but I'm wondering what I can do to make
a Christas (or any other) kind of light shine through the fabric. Maybe
go with a hardanger kind of work on silk mesh, and single thread....? I
didn't really want to stitch right on the plastic canvas, but liked the
idea of producing a stitched piece, then attaching it to the plastic.

Maureen
Old December 24th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MelissaD

"Maureen Miller" wrote in message
O.k.,I've just found a site for my latest ta-da moment (the moment I
discovered 3D stitching). It's at
http://www.sewinspiring.co.uk/acatal... ch_kits.html
Too late for this year, but I can picture me stitching an entire
'Christmas Village' by next Christmas. The possibilities for 3D are
endless because it would work with all kinds of needlework. Where has
this been all my life?? lol

Maureen

Oh I have Meg Evershed's book and a stitching friend gave me a kit a few
years ago for a Christmas cottage, which I did finish. I found the assembly
went much faster when I used a curved needle to stitch the roof to the
walls, etc.

You can see it here in my needlework photos - (id is meldunajski)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1167397...7601526465714/

MelissaD

Old December 24th 07, 08:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Miller

MelissaD wrote:
[...]

I did see it, thank you! It's very pretty, as are the other things you
stitched. I was especially impressed with the little bird stitched from
the picture next to it. Did you do that freehand or copy lines to
follow from the picture? Now I want to embroider birds on the Victorian
lamp shade I have in my living room. ))

Maureen