Sock Wars

Old August 21st 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Default Sock Wars

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 11:46:46 -0700, JJMolvik spun a fine yarn

LOVE IT!!!!!!

JJMolvik

Hee hee hee!

Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0633-4, 08/18/2006
Tested: 8/20/2006 10:59:39 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 21st 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:06:11 -0600, Daisy spun a fine yarn

"YarnWright" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:20:34 -0600, Daisy spun a fine yarn

"YarnWright" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:06:42 -0300, Katherine spun a fine yarn

Sarah Carter wrote:
Hello!

I saw this and I thought a few people here might be interested in
this.

http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/2006...-wars-2006.htm

Have fun!

Oh, I am so doing this! Thanks, Sarah!

Higs,
Katherine

raising hand and joining in, too!
Noreen
who needs more challenges like she needs another ...,(deleted for good
taste)

With so many words available in the English language, I note you have
chosen
this one.

Thanks for the disgusting image.

A reader

\Jane...
I now HAVE two of them, mine and YOU!
One thing about bungholes... they're always there when you need them.
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0633-4, 08/18/2006
Tested: 8/20/2006 12:50:40 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

It's not your "bunghole(s)" that interests me (believe it!) it's your need
to express yourself that way in a public knitting group that says so much.
Here's hoping you learn to find attention in a positive way somewhere along
the line.

It's a free Usenet; I'm just as entitled to good taste as you are to ...
your taste.

well, Jane/Daisy, *I* find the expression "most" might've used:

another hole in the head

OFFENSIVE because a cousin committed suicide that particular way, so
the rear-end reference was MY way of saying pretty much the same
thing.
Besides, using 'bum' or bung is a hellova lot nicer than saying
aXXhole, yes?

Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0633-4, 08/18/2006
Tested: 8/20/2006 11:18:22 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 22nd 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Sarah Carter

Katherine wrote in message
Sarah Carter wrote:
Hello!

I saw this and I thought a few people here might be interested in
this.

http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/2006...-wars-2006.htm

Have fun!

Oh, I am so doing this! Thanks, Sarah!

Hehe! I thought there might be someone here who would be interested in it.
I'm too busy crocheting hats for a craft fair at the moment.

Sarah
--
Accessories and Plus Sized Gothic clothes
Individual items for individual people

Old August 22nd 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Sarah Carter

Mystified One wrote in message
I was thinking a giant sock would be a way for me to start, and then once

I had
a general understanding, I could try something smaller.

I was thinking about making a huge sock to go over my plaster cast but I
didn't get round to it. I've got to go back to the hospital on the 31st so
hopefully the cast will be gone soon.

Sarah

Old August 22nd 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Default Socks

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:28:39 GMT, Mirjam Bruck-Cohen spun a fine yarn

The Funniest sock i ever knitted was for my stepfather , i knitted him
a Bank Sock , for all the coins he always had in his pockets. You
know how folkstories say that people colect money in socks ,,, thus i
knitted the sock with a rather wide base and high Leg, and knitted
some words into this as well ,, He used it till the end of his life .

Years ago i taught knitting to a woman who had only one leg, she
insisted on knitting always 2 socks , and never explained it why .
mirjam

---

Y'know, a 'bank-sock' is actually a very good idea, AND can be used as
both a weapon, if necessary, AND to smash out a window of a car if one
finds oneself in deep water.....
Just My 2 Cents
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0634-0, 08/21/2006
Tested: 8/22/2006 10:01:44 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 22nd 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Socks was Sock Wars

Get Well soon Sarah
Why knit a sock , take some nice piece of cloth and wrap it around the
top of your plaster and paint a small face under it ,, you will see
how funny it is ,,,,,
mirjam

Old August 22nd 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Gina Bull

Sarah,

When my leg was in a cast I crocheted "toe cozies" -- like a sock, but just
enough to fit over the open toe and stay put. After the cast was off, I
used them while I had to wear the "velcro boot". I had different color ones
for different outfits. :-)

Gina

Old August 22nd 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Noreen this never occured to me , i knitted it and for years it stood
on his bedside little table.
mirjam

---

Old August 22nd 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Okay, I signed up. I'll probably be eliminated early on, but I don't
care. Maybe I'll be able to whip out a pair of socks in record time for
me with this kind of motivation g

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Sock Yarn Question hesira Yarn 10 June 28th 06 03:16 PM
Question for the knitters of sock inside sock Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 13 March 5th 06 05:07 AM
Sock yarns: Fiber advice? Randall Nortman Yarn 9 February 17th 05 06:40 AM
Pattern for mini sock monkey? Paula Salvadore Sewing 3 April 20th 04 02:01 PM