Knitting Machine Purchase

Old February 25th 04, 10:40 PM
Teri

Default Knitting Machine Purchase

I just purchased a used Brother Model KH-840. I've never in my life
used a knitting machine and when looking at the manuals that came with
it, I am totally overwhelmed. I just recently learned to hand knit
and love it and thought a machine would be fun. Now I'm wondering if
I made the right decision. Does anyone have this machine and how do
you like it? You can either post your answers here or email me
privately at Thanks so much for your response!
Teri
Old February 26th 04, 12:09 AM
Cher

You are gonna have fun, I used to have one if you get stuck, I moved on to
electronic ones...but it is a great machine..shout if you do get stuck..

Cheers....cher

Teri wrote in message
m...
I just purchased a used Brother Model KH-840. I've never in my life
used a knitting machine and when looking at the manuals that came with
it, I am totally overwhelmed. I just recently learned to hand knit
and love it and thought a machine would be fun. Now I'm wondering if
I made the right decision. Does anyone have this machine and how do
you like it? You can either post your answers here or email me
privately at Thanks so much for your response!
Teri

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old February 26th 04, 12:49 AM
Ruth409028

I just purchased a used Brother Model KH-840. I've never in my life
used a knitting machine

Mine is a Knit King that handles 4 ply and up yarn. You will have lots of fun.
On a weekend I can knock out a sweater from the waist up to the underarms,
then put them on circular needles to do the pattern. I'm supposed to be able
to do patterns with the intarsia plate, but just haven't taken the time to
learn it. Some day, I'm gonna have to take time to do that.

Welcome to the group. Frances
Take Jacques out before replying.
Old February 26th 04, 05:18 AM
Maine-iac Rose

I bought a Brother KX-350 some 20 years ago, which cost about $150, figured
that I couldn't go wrong with that. I loved it. Been hand knitting since
the mid 1960's. This machine will do the baby and fingering yarn. A few
years ago, I bought an used Singer Bulky Punchcard with Ribber and Stand,
and love that one also. I bounce back and forth between the 2 machine's and
hand knitting. At the moment, I'm in the process of making a couple quilts,
so the knitting machines are resting for a bit.
You'll probably machine knit allot, but I'm sure that you will get back into
the hand knitting again sometime later.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns so you don't get pricked,
and add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.

m...

Old February 26th 04, 06:03 AM
Richard Eney

In article ,
Teri wrote:
I just purchased a used Brother Model KH-840. I've never in my life
used a knitting machine and when looking at the manuals that came with
it, I am totally overwhelmed. I just recently learned to hand knit
and love it and thought a machine would be fun. Now I'm wondering if
I made the right decision. Does anyone have this machine and how do
you like it? You can either post your answers here or email me
privately at Thanks so much for your response!

I don't have one but many here do. I think there's also a group called
something like rec.crafts.machine-knitting that might be helpful.

=Tamar
Old February 26th 04, 04:44 PM
Maine-iac Rose

close Tamar, it is rec.crafts.machine-knit, and god willing you will get one
someday, there are some used ones out there with a good price on them, and
they are still in good shape.

Maine-iac Rose
@---

Old February 26th 04, 09:52 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On 25 Feb 2004 13:40:54 -0800, Teri wrote:

I just purchased a used Brother Model KH-840. I've never in my life
used a knitting machine and when looking at the manuals that came with
it, I am totally overwhelmed. I just recently learned to hand knit
and love it and thought a machine would be fun. Now I'm wondering if
I made the right decision. Does anyone have this machine and how do
you like it? You can either post your answers here or email me
privately at Thanks so much for your response!
Teri

Hi Teri,
And, welcome to the group! I started machine knitting with a Bond, and
graduated to an Artisan. Yes, it CAN be a little daunting... since I don't
have 'your' machine, I really can't help much... and since Brother no
longer makes machines... AHAH!!! Amazon books usually has sellers selling
older manuals!
HTH,
Noreen

--
http://mail2office.tripod.com/noreensknitche/
http://mail2office.tripod.com/musings/

change n e t to c o m to email me.

FAQ for RCTQ Feb Diana Curtis Quilting 7 February 2nd 05 05:08 PM
Sewing Machine FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 2 January 24th 05 07:57 PM
Knitting machine Nanci Donacki Machine Knit 1 December 9th 04 11:53 PM
Machine Knitting Joy Hardie Machine Knit 3 January 4th 04 08:50 PM
Sewingtrader Ebay auctions - Machine Embroidery and Machine Knititng items. DS Sewing 3 July 25th 03 05:17 PM