Books fabric pattern somewhere?

Old April 15th 04, 03:23 PM
QuiltShopHopper

Default Books fabric pattern somewhere?

Hello All,

A friend of mine, a librarian at my local branch, died last weekend, and I
want to make a wallhanging that looks like a bookshelf with books for my
other surviving friends who were her coworkers. It's a sad week for all of
us.
I have done searches online and I can't find fabric that looks like what I
want. If you know of such book fabric or if you have a piece in your stash
you could part with, I will pay you for it or trade for it. I wash
everything, so don't let that stop you from offering it if you washed it.
I really appreciate all your help.

Cyndi

Old April 15th 04, 03:36 PM
Mary in Oregon

I've never seen fabric like you describe but this idea came to mind...
http://www.nmt.edu/~breynold/quilts/library.html

--
Mary

Old April 15th 04, 03:54 PM
QuiltShopHopper

Oh thankyou so much, Mary! I had done my search for "books" and of course,
came back with 1000 books on quilting, but no fabric pattern of books. I am
not thinking straight right now.

Thanks for your help!

Cyndi

Old April 15th 04, 05:10 PM
The Brown Family

Here's a paper pieced one you can order......scroll down the page.

http://www.winnowing.com/patterns.html

Lorraine
http://members.rogers.com/poodiac/lorrainesworld.htm

"QuiltShopHopper" wrote in message
Hello All,

A friend of mine, a librarian at my local branch, died last weekend, and I
want to make a wallhanging that looks like a bookshelf with books for my
other surviving friends who were her coworkers. It's a sad week for all

of
us.
I have done searches online and I can't find fabric that looks like what I
want. If you know of such book fabric or if you have a piece in your

stash
you could part with, I will pay you for it or trade for it. I wash
everything, so don't let that stop you from offering it if you washed it.
I really appreciate all your help.

Cyndi

Pirates o' the South Pacific Swap frood Quilting 27 January 25th 04 01:04 AM
elusive fabric! (long) Debbi Quilting 8 December 18th 03 08:54 PM
pattern magazine and books MinnieNeedles Marketplace 0 August 9th 03 03:14 AM
Books about Stitches - longish list Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 20 August 8th 03 07:27 AM
New Quilt Pattern Books TerriLee in WA Quilting 0 August 1st 03 12:52 AM