Watching Kalera melt glass

Old September 18th 03, 07:26 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"Diana Curtis" wrote:

wow.. what a wonderful way to spend a day! Lucky you.. both!
Any chance we can see the beads that got made that day?
Diana

Absolutely! I'll probably take pictures tomorrow, if it's sunny.

--
-Kalera

---------

http://www.beadwife.com
auctions at http://www.snurl.com/1sfe
Old September 18th 03, 07:50 AM
Christina Peterson

Doesn't this remind you of watching Nicole!

Tina

"vj" wrote

LOL!!!!! don't you just LOVE it?

Old September 18th 03, 02:13 PM
Kirsti

Deirdre S. wrote in message . ..

I got an outstanding opportunity yesterday. Kalera invited me to watch
while she spent some time in her studio.

evil grin and wringing hands bawhahaw! Sucked another one in! The
temptation of the torch.... hehehehe. Gets 'em every time! Resistance
is futile! Dispatching a small army of dust bunnies set to arrive at
the first sign of glass purchase... trained to reproduce at a rate to
match the number of glass rods in the work area... Prepare your family
for the worst - no more cooking! no more cleaning! - no more nothin'
from the torch hermit! bawhahaw!

It is always thrilling for me to see someone get excited about melting
glass, can you tell? Lampworking has opened a new world for me.
Perhaps it is the other lampworkers, so willing to share. It could be
the new and expanded appreciation for glass. The instant
gratification. The Muse... she is constantly bothering my sleep! The
list goes on and on!

Kirsti
Old September 19th 03, 12:55 AM
Dr. Sooz

I got an outstanding opportunity yesterday. Kalera invited me to watch
while she spent some time in her studio.

What was she wearing?
haw haw haw!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old September 19th 03, 12:56 AM
Dr. Sooz

I can hardly wait to teach her to make
her own in a couple of years

Sighhhhhhhhhhh. I love this.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old September 19th 03, 03:39 AM
Deirdre S.

I loved it. And just anyone try and stop me from doing it again...

Deirdre

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:24:00 GMT, Kalera Stratton
wrote:

Thanks, Kalera, for being willing to share your artistic process, and
your family. (I also got to meet cat, dog and birds ... but no Moxley
or kids were at home at the time...)

Deirdre

You're welcome, and thank YOU for coming! It was sooo cool to have you
there, and I loved putting together the cabs with your suggestion... and
I'm looking forward to future encounters!

Old September 19th 03, 04:01 AM
starlia

I can agree with the kiln. I started doing fusing then have moved to
lampworking as well. I love them both.

"Deirdre S." wrote in message
Sorry to disappoint, but it is the kiln that tempts me, not the torch.
I'll leave the lampwork to people with more dexterity than I have. I
can't see myself swirling things as they try to solidify ... and
getting the results I want.

But I can see myself stacking and layering cut-glass things and
letting the heat of the kiln do an 'e pluribus unum' number on them.

Deirdre

Old September 19th 03, 04:54 PM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
Kalera Stratton wrote:

Absolutely! I'll probably take pictures tomorrow, if it's sunny.

--
-Kalera

IT'S NOT. WAAAAAH!

--
-Kalera

---------

Lampwork question CLP Beads 24 August 24th 03 03:08 AM
Checking in and glass class report. KDK Beads 10 August 23rd 03 05:53 AM
AD- August 9-10, 2003 New Orleans, LA Big Easy Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 1 August 1st 03 08:30 PM
AD-New Orleans, LA August 9-10, 2003 Big Easy Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 July 24th 03 02:26 PM
Cane Glass from Fire Mountain? Tink Beads 6 July 10th 03 05:50 PM