Time for "What are you stitching?"

Old June 23rd 14, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default Time for "What are you stitching?"

We haven't had this topic for awhile, so thought it was time again.

Currently I'm working on "Mice babies birth announcement" for a
coworker. Criminys, I didn't think this pattern was *that* old...can't
find a pic anywhere for it! It's a Janlynn pattern. This is the
closest I saw: http://tinyurl.com/kcwj4wr Same mouse characters &
mushroom. Baby due in Aug.

Well, maybe when I'm done I can sell it as "Rare...hard to find" and
make lots of money on it! LOL

I also started, but put on hold until birth announcement is done, an
Advent calendar for the grandkids. It's similar to this:
http://tinyurl.com/qb4ym5d but has a red ribbon-type edging, rather
than the blue.

Maybe after that I can *finally* get to the afghan I've been wanting to
knit for the last 5 years!

Gee, is everything I'm stitching "old" and "rare"???? lol

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old June 24th 14, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sara

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:38:17 -0500, Joan Erickson
wrote:

We haven't had this topic for awhile, so thought it was time again.

Currently I'm working on "Mice babies birth announcement" for a
coworker. Criminys, I didn't think this pattern was *that* old...can't
find a pic anywhere for it! It's a Janlynn pattern. This is the
closest I saw: http://tinyurl.com/kcwj4wr Same mouse characters &
mushroom. Baby due in Aug.

Well, maybe when I'm done I can sell it as "Rare...hard to find" and
make lots of money on it! LOL

I also started, but put on hold until birth announcement is done, an
Advent calendar for the grandkids. It's similar to this:
http://tinyurl.com/qb4ym5d but has a red ribbon-type edging, rather
than the blue.

Maybe after that I can *finally* get to the afghan I've been wanting to
knit for the last 5 years!

Gee, is everything I'm stitching "old" and "rare"???? lol

I am working on Long Dog's Bhyr Deeze. It's straight xs, not even any
backstitch, but there area lot of color changes and it goes slowly.
Sara
Old June 24th 14, 12:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

I am just finishing up the Mountain Bluebird by Terrance Nolan and will
start a small Dimensions Gold kit of a snowman. It is cute and done on navy
blue fabric.
Sharon in MN

Old June 24th 14, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

I think I have finally figured out how to post to this group. I've been following it off and on for many years.

I'm taking Japanese Embroidery lessons and am currently working on Phase VIII - Maple Leaves. Very pretty but very intense. And to do something a little less stressful, I'm working on Glendon Place's "Come Said the Wind" as well as a Quaker Scissor's Pocket my EGA is doing. Hope to see more people post.

Pat in SJ
Old June 24th 14, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Joan Erickson wrote:

We haven't had this topic for awhile, so thought it was time again.

San Diego EGA is collecting ornaments for those who lost everything in
the wildfires, so I bought a couple colors to crochet yarn bombs as well
as some fabric, perf plastic, and floss for stitching -- they've asked
us to be mindful that not all families are Christian, so prefer
geometrics and florals, so I'm just doing my own thing without a pattern
on geometrics. Just finished a red/white/blue and started a pink/purple
overdye.

Got to go back to Michaels and see if they have more perf plastic in stock.

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 6/11/14 -- needlepoint Christmas Lights ornament

WIP: Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

COPYRIGHT 2014 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Old June 24th 14, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 6/24/2014 6:15 AM, sara wrote:
Bhyr Deeze

Interesting pattern! And big!!!

Old June 24th 14, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Here is a link to the Maple Leaves

http://jecstore.com/index.php/fabric...l#.U6m9ctq9KSM

and a link to "Come Said the Wind"

http://glendonplace.net/shop/fall/come-said-the-wind/

Old June 24th 14, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Nice to meet you Joan. I'm Pat and I live in South Jersey with my DH and 3 cats. I have three children and 5 grandchildren who I spoil rotten. I love all types of embroidery and needle arts. I'm taking Japanese Embroidery classes and am on Phase VIII - the Maple Leaves. I also took a class in WIlliamsburg last month with the Royal school of Needlework on surface embroidery. It was great and I Iearned a lot.

I have followed RCTN for many, many years, back when a lot of designers, Trish Brown, VIctoria, etc were involved. It's a shame it's slowed down so much as I really enjoy reading what everyone is doing.
Old June 25th 14, 02:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

On Monday, June 23, 2014 3:38:17 PM UTC-5, Joan Erickson wrote:
[...]

I'm still working on MLI's "Celtic Noel". Seems I've been working on it forever. Hard to get comfortable to stitch with the back problems and the stand I got in order to stitch from the recliner does not work. One of these days I will finish it, just not holding my breath that it will be done soon..