Gill

Old August 2nd 13, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default Gill

Anyone heard from Gill lately? Just wondering, since I haven't!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old August 3rd 13, 12:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 8/2/13 12:07 PM, Joan Erickson wrote:
Anyone heard from Gill lately? Just wondering, since I haven't!

got a longish note from her the other day - need a day off to fill her
in on everything...MONDAY IS COMING

Old September 21st 13, 02:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default Gill I am back!!!

On 8/7/2013 5:59 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 11:07:24 -0500, Joan Erickson
wrote:

Anyone heard from Gill lately? Just wondering, since I haven't!

I ran a check on her - they are in Franklin, NC up in the mountains.
They didn't go as far as NH this year as Jim's father died so the
pressure was off.

The internet connection up in the mountains is sparse but they will be
returning home September 17 so we will hear plenty then - she has
taken up quilting !!! Such treachery !!

All is well but that's why the silence.

Yes, Sheena and the rest of my RCTN family. WE got home late yesterday
afternoon, and have just partially unloaded THE RV. When it has been
your home for 3-4 months, there is so much to do. Also...it is weird,
but I don't remember where things are in the house. I was searching for
measuring cups for ages today!

There is a huge amount to catch up with. I took nine stitching projects
to do...I just finished the first the night before we left.

Yes, I have been quilting...but it ties with knitting as #2 in my
interests. It was terrific fun, though, just because of the deepened
friendship I made with a very old acquaintance...we were both at the
same RV park............a huge story there.

Anyway, we went to the Community College about 15 miles up the road in
Sylva NC..and took classes. Theoretically they were beginner
classes........but not so.

The day we left I told our instructor ( we were all a band of great
friends at the end) that I thought sashing was the thing you put around
the waist of a dress...in fact I was truly a "quilting virgin". !!

I have pieced, and pinned a really nice throw for our house. I don't
think I have the equipment or capability to machine quilt it. Also, at
my advanced years, I am not about to hand quilt it.

My goal (bucket List) is to make a throw for each of the kids' homes.

Not dedicated, but fun.

Stitching on my cashel linen is far more relaxing!

glad TO BE HOME, AND ABLE TO BE ONLINE!!

Gillian...the missing.
Old September 22nd 13, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 9/21/2013 6:30 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 21:59:54 -0400, Gillian Murray
wrote:

[...]

W E L C O M E H O M E !!!!

Thanks, good friend!. It is so great to be in the real modern world,
whee I can access newsgroups. However, I was beginning to find that I
could live with out the computer 95% of the time.

Jack ( the dog) loved it.Lots of walks, little wild voles everywhere,
many people to pet him, and the main office had "no pets" on the doors,
but the doggie treats and water bowls were in there.

Even the work-campers had treats on their golf carts. It was one of
those places you know the dogs name, and then you are Jack's Mom!

It is good to be home....but please, can I move my home up to Franklin NC??

Old September 22nd 13, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

welcome home -
Old September 22nd 13, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 9/22/2013 8:28 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
welcome home -

Thanks, Cheryl. I sure did miss our outings and lunches this year!
Old September 22nd 13, 10:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/22/13 11:56 AM, Gillian Murray wrote:
On 9/22/2013 8:28 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
welcome home -

Thanks, Cheryl. I sure did miss our outings and lunches this year!

me too
Old September 24th 13, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 9/20/2013 8:59 PM, Gillian Murray wrote:

Yes, Sheena and the rest of my RCTN family. WE got home late yesterday
afternoon,

Welcome Home, Gill!!!!

Also...it is weird, but I don't remember where things are in the house.
I was searching for measuring cups for ages today!

BUT...did you find them?

I have pieced, and pinned a really nice throw for our house. I don't
think I have the equipment or capability to machine quilt it. Also, at
my advanced years, I am not about to hand quilt it.

When I did Mandy's quilt, I did a very simple follow-the-block-lines of
hand quilting. I had the quilt laid over 2 chairs in front of me. It
probably wasn't the most efficient way to do it, but I wasn't going to
even *try* to machine stitch the thing! IIRC, it took me 2 weeks of
quilting at night while watching tv to get it all quilted.

My goal (bucket List) is to make a throw for each of the kids' homes.

A good goal!

Stitching on my cashel linen is far more relaxing!

I would agree with that sentiment!!!

Gillian...the missing.

No longer!

A note from Gill lucille Needlework 3 June 3rd 09 12:49 PM
Ping Gill Trish Brown Needlework 0 October 20th 08 02:02 AM
LNSs (Gill Murray) Helen McClaine Needlework 23 February 27th 06 08:24 PM
Callin Gill Murray - again! Pat P Needlework 0 January 2nd 05 12:59 PM
Calling Gill Murray! Pat P Needlework 3 December 28th 04 12:07 PM