Knitleader for Brother 830

Old May 4th 05, 09:29 PM

Default Knitleader for Brother 830

How can I find an information on how to use a knitleader. I bought used
brother 830 w ribber and knitleader and just started to learn. I looked
through a manual for a knitleader and to tell the truth have no clue
how even to start. Any information, link or just an explanation will be
really helpfull. Thank you in advance

Old May 5th 05, 01:55 PM
Helen Halla Fleischer

| On 4 May 2005 13:29:17 -0700, wrote:

How can I find an information on how to use a knitleader. I bought used
brother 830 w ribber and knitleader and just started to learn. I looked
through a manual for a knitleader and to tell the truth have no clue
how even to start. Any information, link or just an explanation will be
really helpfull. Thank you in advance

I can't really help much with the mounting instructions from memory, but
the use of the knit leader is pretty familiar to me. First, you want to
trace a pattern, full-size, on the mylar sheet using wash-erase pens such
as one might use for overhead projectors. Set that aside while you knit a
tension swatch and then wash it or steam it as you plan to do with the
finished garment. The tension swatch is always the same number of stitches
and rows with markers in the same places for ease of measuring. Those
particulars are in the knit leader manual.

After you've washed the tension swatch you measure it with the little white
plastic millimeter ruler. The width measurement you get tells you which of
the paper rulers to set into the front of your knit leader. The length
measurement tells you how to set the advancing mechanism using the dial at
the side. Finally, you insert the mylar sheet, make sure all the trippers
are in place and advance the mylar to the starting line of your garment.
You look at the knit leader and where the drawing lines up with the paper
ruler on the front tells you how many needles to cast on. As you work, the
trippers on the carriage advance the sheet along with your work and you
will see where to bind off for the armhole and make various decreases, or
even short rows if you have diagrammed those.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org
Old May 5th 05, 03:02 PM
posey

Hi,
There are two metal holders attached to the back of the main bed on the
case, one is on the left and the other is just to the right of the handle.
You slide the knitleader, which has metal "bars" just about an inch wide and
a little more than an inch long on the front of the long case (held
horizontally) into the metal holders. There is a tripper on the knitting
machine carriage that advances the pattern held in the knitleader. Follow
Helen's excellent directions for creating a pattern.

oups.com...