OT Water Problem--the mystery deepens

Old October 11th 04, 12:21 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Default OT Water Problem--the mystery deepens

Bottled water for me and 'Dorable Dora. I finally got the biffy cleaned out
with mineral spirits and elbow grease, then used bowl cleaner in both the
bowl and the tank to get the mineral spirits out so it wouldn't go down the
drain. I understand such chemicals are brutal on the sewage-processing
systems.

During her morning walk, my mother discovered that the sludge struck in two
other homes on Saturday--both of them in an older section of the court which
has a different water supply, though both are newer homes than mine. One
house had two toilets with the gunk in them, and the other house had the
sludge come through the shower Saturday night. That person had taken a
shower and didn't realize that the sludge had gotten into his hair (he's
elderly and was tired after a long day) so all their bedding was soiled and
had to be sent to a cleaners. It also took him two hours to clean out his
shower enclosure.

My neighbor Mike, a font of wisdom, thought at first it was some substance
that plumbers use to join pipes, and a bit of it had worked loose. What
with the occurrence in several homes, plumbed by different plumbers and on
two different water supply pipes, I am more inclined than ever to think it
is a Tucson Water problem.

Tucson Water and the park manager are on the job. I should feel confident
that the problem will be taken care of. However, I'm taking advice on
several fronts and will be on the phone a bit at work. And I dread taking a
shower this morning!!!

Thanks for all your support and advice. Don't know what I would do without
you wonderful folks! A few good thoughts send in this direction would be
welcome!
--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo
take out nospam to reply

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old October 11th 04, 01:45 PM
KJ

Keep us informed. This is very interesting!

Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

Old October 11th 04, 06:17 PM
Joanna

Thanx for the update. Keep us posted please. If your worried about the
shower run a bath. If it looks like sludge is there clean and run
another bath. Or go to a friends house if you can.
Take Care
Joanna

Carolyn McCarty wrote:

[...]

Remove Quilt to reply

Old October 11th 04, 06:23 PM
NanaV

Good luck dealing with this. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I have a
feeling that, if it were me, I'd be using bottled stuff even after it's
resolved. As a matter of fact, I'm ready to use bottled stuff just HEARING
about yours!!

Nana

[...]

OT - Story: Beverages I have Known Kathy N-V Beads 6 January 4th 05 04:33 PM
OTOT water problem Carolyn McCarty Quilting 10 October 11th 04 06:57 PM
OT - little bitty anxiety attacks Jalynne Beads 47 September 4th 04 06:02 PM
If you could, would you? Kaytee Beads 74 November 7th 03 04:59 AM
Rainwater or distilled water \Mad\ General Crafting 2 September 10th 03 02:02 PM