A.I.R. Vallauris : Fete Picasso - Small Art Objects 2007

Old May 18th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
sunny

Default A.I.R. Vallauris : Fete Picasso - Small Art Objects 2007

A.I.R. Vallauris : Fete Picasso - Small Art Objects 2007

Located in the heart of the old town of Vallauris, the non-profit
Association
A.I.R. Vallauris (Artists in Residence) welcomes international artists
from all
horizons to meet and collaborate with local artists and to research
and create
new work in an artistic laboratory created specifically for them.

We are pleased to announce the first annual A.I.R. Vallauris benefit.
The
event will be in conjunction with the Fete Picasso and will include a
competition, exhibition and sale of Small Art Objects. This benefit
event
will take place annually with the same format but with a different
object
theme.

Benefits
While this is a fund-raising activity to help finance the ongoing
activities of A.I.R. Vallauris, the event offers participants a
valuable
opportunity for exposure. All submitted entries will be exhibited
online
and in the gallery, and a catalogue will be created for the event that
will
be forwarded to all participants.

The Fete Picasso
---------------------------------
The Fete Picasso is a popular event that takes place annually in
celebration of its most famous artist in residence, who lived and
created
in Vallauris and the region from 1946 until his death. The presence
of
Picasso in Vallauris brought with it an unexpected effervescence: the
presence of numerous personalities (Cocteau), corridas in the
streets as well as Picasso`s birthday parties that were celebrated by
the
entire town. The "Picasso Effect" was equally visible in the
development of
Ceramic Art. Several painters and sculptors (Brauner, Pignon,
Ozenfant,
Prinner, Chagall, Matisse) followed Picasso into the studios of
Vallauris
and many ceramists (Portanier, Valentin, Diato, Perot) setup studios
in
Vallauris, precisely because of this stimulating presence.

"Allumons Vallauris"
----------------------------------
The theme for this season`s Fete Picasso is "Allumons Vallauris" (or
Illuminate Vallauris). The artist Muma invites the public to
realise "monumental perspectives" with 51,862 candles (2 per habitant
of
Vallauris). 350 volunteers will assist in the organisation of the
installation of the candles on the streets, throughout the old town
of
Vallauris according to different drawings and plans. In the evening,
the
candles will be lit, and the public lighting turned off... thousands
of
candles and thousands of players in the streets....

Small Art Object 2007 Theme
----------------------------------
This First Annual Small Art Objects event coincides with, and is
complementary and collaborative with the "Fete Picasso" event
"Allumons
Vallauris" / "Illuminate Vallauris".
We maintain this theme for the Small Art Object theme.
The object must be able to accommodate, integrate or make
use of a standard tea-light candle. The Small Art Objects can be made
from
any material, within the restrictions of size and function. The
exhibition
opens July 7th and ends July 21st at closure of the Fete Picasso.

Call for Entries
The entry form is available from the A.I.R. Vallauris website,
or can be downloaded below. The entry form includes all entry details
as
well as the registration form.
All entries must be submitted by June 9th 2007!

For more information:
http://www.air-vallauris.com/index.asp?PageID=63

Suspend objects gervay Glass 6 December 31st 06 03:26 AM
RCTQ 2006-2007 BOM - January 2007 Dannielle Quilting 13 December 26th 06 06:23 PM
Finished Objects Alison Yarn 3 October 16th 06 12:24 PM
Finished objects abutteriss Yarn 17 May 9th 06 04:03 PM
My Finished objects...for Dec and Jan so far. Susan Carey Yarn 9 January 12th 06 12:40 AM