Quilt Guild Transitions

Old April 12th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Quilt Guild Transitions

The small quilt guild I belong to (about 20 - 25 members) voted today to
change from a Quilt Guild to a Sewing Group. Instead of spending time on
business meetings, taking minutes, publishing a newsletter, etc., etc., we
will bring projects we're working on to the meeting and just have a good
time visiting and sewing. If someone has learned a new technique and wants
to show everyone how to do it, she'll do it instead of scheduling programs.

I'm really looking forward to the new way of doing things.
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

Old April 13th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi there... I was in several Guilds in New England, and they met once a
month....had the business meetings, minutes etc. I was not going to
join a guild in Florida after I moved, because I just wanted to sew and
gab. Well... I contacted a lady to ask about her group.. and it is
just what you described! I love it!! We meet every week, so relaxed,
work on our quilts and have fun. I love Florida, and the new quilting
friends I have made..
hugs.. Memere Neets

Old April 13th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sounds like a great sewing group.
Barbara in SC and now FL

Old April 13th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Barbara... it is..... I live in Ocala.... where in Florida are you?
close enough to meet up?
Hugs Memere Neets

Old April 13th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"Donna in Idaho" wrote:

The small quilt guild I belong to (about 20 - 25 members) voted today to
change from a Quilt Guild to a Sewing Group. Instead of spending time on
business meetings, taking minutes, publishing a newsletter, etc., etc., we
will bring projects we're working on to the meeting and just have a good
time visiting and sewing. If someone has learned a new technique and wants
to show everyone how to do it, she'll do it instead of scheduling programs.

I'm really looking forward to the new way of doing things.

Sounds really fun. I hope it is an enjoyable event for you.

marcella
Old April 13th 06, 11:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi, I am in Eustis---out from Leesburg---so I am South of you, just a little
over an hour away. I'll be in FL a few more weeks before I go back to SC.
My SIL lives in Ocala. There are others on this ng who have family there.
Barbara in SC and now FL

Old April 13th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Howdy!

Memere Neets: welcome back!

Yes, an informal sewing group is often more entertaining than
some of our guild meetings. Somehow we got into this
Big Name Quilter mode for every meeting and it's hard to break
out of it. Obviously some of the gals think they're in the
small group circle at guild meetings (they gab all the way thru'). g

Cheers!

Ragmop/Sandy

On 4/12/06 7:29 PM, in article
, "Memere Neets"

Old April 14th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Donna in Idaho wrote:

The small quilt guild I belong to (about 20 - 25 members) voted today to
change from a Quilt Guild to a Sewing Group. Instead of spending time on
business meetings, taking minutes, publishing a newsletter, etc., etc., we
will bring projects we're working on to the meeting and just have a good
time visiting and sewing. If someone has learned a new technique and wants
to show everyone how to do it, she'll do it instead of scheduling programs.

I'm really looking forward to the new way of doing things.

Hey that sounds wonderful - can I join? Please?
(its only an 8 hour plus 5 hour flight to Boise...)

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the (undamaged end of the) pier!"
Southend, UK
Old April 14th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sure, Suzie, we'd love to have you! Long time no see!

--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

"Suzie B" wrote in message