No more surgery

Old April 10th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default No more surgery

At least not for now. I have a different splint to wear, an order for
more and more intense physical therapy, and an appointment with the
orthopod six weeks hence for a status check.

So we shall see.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old April 10th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

YAY!
Noreen

--
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://noreensknitche.com

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.

Old April 10th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Wooly wrote:
At least not for now. I have a different splint to wear, an order for
more and more intense physical therapy, and an appointment with the
orthopod six weeks hence for a status check.

So we shall see.

Is that good news, Wooly?

Higs,
Katherine

Old April 10th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:40:37 -0300, "Katherine"
spewed forth :

Is that good news, Wooly?

Its not bad news, but not good either. I think there's still a
problem but the doc wants to give it more time to see if I need to
finish healing. As I think I've said befo I certainly am not
averse to conservative treatment, but I am averse to repeat procedures
when a problem can be fixed the first time through.

The split is supposed to force my thumb into its "correct" position
but I suspect I won't be wearing it except when I go for my checkups.
I can pick my nose when I'm wearing it, but that's all! *hehehe*

+++++++++++++

Old April 10th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Wooly wrote:
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:40:37 -0300, "Katherine"
spewed forth :

Is that good news, Wooly?

Its not bad news, but not good either. I think there's still a
problem but the doc wants to give it more time to see if I need to
finish healing. As I think I've said befo I certainly am not
averse to conservative treatment, but I am averse to repeat procedures
when a problem can be fixed the first time through.

The split is supposed to force my thumb into its "correct" position
but I suspect I won't be wearing it except when I go for my checkups.
I can pick my nose when I'm wearing it, but that's all! *hehehe*

LOL Well, that's the second most important thing, isn't it? g

Higs,
Katherine (hoping that it works for you)

Old April 10th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Wooly

Glad that you dont need more surgery right now but I understand the
frustration of the splints.

Take care
Darlene in Toronto

Old April 11th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Wooly,

I'm SO glad to hear that you don't need surgery ... at least not right
now. Yes, splints are terribly annoying ... (even if they do allow
taking care of the second most important thing!! LOL)

Perhaps you could wear it at night while you sleep? It might not be as
good as wearing during the day while awake and attempting to use the
hand, but it would be better than only wearing to the doctor's.

Eve )

Old April 11th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , Wooly
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:40:37 -0300, "Katherine"
spewed forth :

Is that good news, Wooly?

Its not bad news, but not good either. I think there's still a
problem but the doc wants to give it more time to see if I need to
finish healing. As I think I've said befo I certainly am not
averse to conservative treatment, but I am averse to repeat procedures
when a problem can be fixed the first time through.

The split is supposed to force my thumb into its "correct" position
but I suspect I won't be wearing it except when I go for my checkups.
I can pick my nose when I'm wearing it, but that's all! *hehehe*

Wooly give it a chance, never mind the picking of noses. Better to hang
in there for a while with a splint, than having to forgo knitting and
spinning altogether. You went for advice, now work with it. Boring it
may be, but It may just do the trick. Start reading all those great books
on spinning and knitting that you had never time to read, and leave off on
the overworking of your hand for a while....even for nose picking..LOL

Els