Does anyone own a Singer 600E? (Corrected model number)

Old January 6th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Does anyone own a Singer 600E? (Corrected model number)

Someone donated a Singer 600E to the ESL (English as a Second
Language) sewing group. The man that is repairing it has trouble with
the bobbin. Does anyone own this machine? Could you email me a copy of
the manual that talks about the bobbin? I will go to his house later
in the day to see if it is something common. He wants to save a visit
to the repair shop for something he knows he can't fix himself. We
don't have a Singer repair in our area but the general sewing machine
repairman has been very helpful when old machines are donated for the
ESL program. Some of the women in the ESL program have never sewn,
others have never sewn on a machine. Occasionally a student arrives
who puts us all to shame with his or her wonderful garment
construction abilities. Without pattern or instruction they are able
to create wonderful garments. One goal of the program is to help them
learn how to take the donated clothing and make it fit the family
better. I am not involved in the class but help with supplies and
questions like how to thread this bobbin.

Susan Price

Old January 7th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, Susan, I just now saw your post and I guess 'later in the day' has
come and gone. Did you figure it out? Was the Singer 600 series made after
the 300's and 400's which were fine SMs? Was it maybe manufactured after
Singer went all wonky on us? And, have you asked Irene? Polly

Old January 7th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have someone sending me a copy of the manual so hopefully we will be
able to get this old baby running again.

Susan

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 01:57:38 GMT, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Well, Susan, I just now saw your post and I guess 'later in the day' has
come and gone. Did you figure it out? Was the Singer 600 series made after
the 300's and 400's which were fine SMs? Was it maybe manufactured after
Singer went all wonky on us? And, have you asked Irene? Polly
.. .

Old January 7th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I would appreciate hearing about what you find out. One of my Athena 2000s
I bought for parts has a problem that it won't fill my bobbins. The bobbin
casing spins round freely but the bobbin itself remains stationery.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old January 10th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks, I will take these pages to my friend and see if it helps.
Susan

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 15:36:24 GMT, IMS wrote:

Shoot! I somehow missed your first post, Susan. I'm sorry.... I have
a 603e, which is very similar to the 600e. Its a GREAT machine. The
last of the all metal, gear driven Singer slants (metal gears and no
belt)!!

It's one of the first Touch & Sew models, so it has the wind-in-place
bobbin.

Here is the threading and bobbin winding directions, free on-linefrom
the SEWUSA site:

http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_diagram.htm

You can order a full manual from them starting at $7 for a download
copy.

Let me know if you need anything else!

-Irene

wrote:

[...]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
--Mae West