Grrrr...

Old February 6th 04, 09:31 AM
Charlie

Default Grrrr...

I put an order in for some jumps rings and clasps yesterday, with extra for
next day delivery. It arrived this morning. They only put 40 jump rings in
instead of 400! Argh! And the wrong pliers! Serrated pliers instead of
flat nose pliers! Grrr!

Sorry... just had to vent. They're sending the rest out today!

Charlie.

Old February 6th 04, 12:07 PM
Harry

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:31:46 -0000, "Charlie" wrote:

I put an order in for some jumps rings and clasps yesterday, with extra for
next day delivery. It arrived this morning. They only put 40 jump rings in
instead of 400! Argh! And the wrong pliers! Serrated pliers instead of
flat nose pliers! Grrr!

Sorry... just had to vent. They're sending the rest out today!

Charlie.

Please share where and who you bought from so I can be careful.

Harry
My Ebay Auctions are at http://snipurl.com/3okw
Old February 6th 04, 02:03 PM
Charlie

it's beads.co.uk, but they've always been *really really* good before so I'm
sure someone just looked at it and misread the amount! I'd defiantly
recommend them to anyone - they're very cheap and the quality is excellent.

Charlie.

Old February 6th 04, 02:32 PM
Harry

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:03:28 -0000, "Charlie" wrote:

it's beads.co.uk, but they've always been *really really* good before so I'm
sure someone just looked at it and misread the amount! I'd defiantly
recommend them to anyone - they're very cheap and the quality is excellent.

Charlie.

OK sounds good Charlie. Not sure if I will buy from them, because I am
in the states, but it will help others. They may have got the numbers
confused. I have had that happen to me, but I was on the good side of
it where they sent to much for the same price..., but being that I am honest
I sent them the extra cash for what they sent. Needed more anyway. I always
say things happen for a reason.

Old February 6th 04, 08:48 PM
Dr. Sooz

I put an order in for some jumps rings and clasps yesterday, with extra for
next day delivery. It arrived this morning. They only put 40 jump rings in
instead of 400! Argh! And the wrong pliers! Serrated pliers instead of
flat nose pliers! Grrr!

Who are "they"?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old February 6th 04, 09:42 PM
Helen Page

Charlie wrote:
it's beads.co.uk, but they've always been *really really* good before
so I'm sure someone just looked at it and misread the amount! I'd
defiantly recommend them to anyone - they're very cheap and the
quality is excellent.

I buy from them. Had a few mistakes over the years, but they're helpful and
credit my next order with the value of anything they didn't send enough of.
One warning though - don't buy crimping pliers from them. I did, but they
were awful - notches didn't line up and were badly machined. I emailed them
about it and they said not to bother exchanging them as any replacement pair
would have the same problem. Which I thought was bad - they know they're not
good pliers but sell them anyway. But it was only a few £ so I didn't bother
with a return. Other than that they're ok, and their postage is very cheap.

Old February 7th 04, 12:39 AM
Dr. Sooz

Charlie, if you need crimping pliers, I can get you a pair, and send them. You
just pay for the item, the sales tax, and the shipping. I'd be happy to do it.

Old February 7th 04, 10:39 AM
Charlie

I got a pair from somewhere else that appear to line up - I just can't get
the damn things to work! BF can do it, and gets a perfect round little
crimp each time, but I just can't! Bah!

Charlie.

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Charlie, if you need crimping pliers, I can get you a pair, and send them.

You
just pay for the item, the sales tax, and the shipping. I'd be happy to

do it.

One warning though - don't buy crimping pliers from them. I did, but they
were awful - notches didn't line up and were badly machined.

~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old February 7th 04, 01:58 PM
Helen Page

Charlie wrote:
I got a pair from somewhere else that appear to line up - I just
can't get the damn things to work! BF can do it, and gets a perfect
round little crimp each time, but I just can't! Bah!

I used to be a bit hit-and-miss on the crimping, started with base metal
crimp *beads* (all my LBS sells). Then Margie sent me some GF/sterling crimp
*tubes* and wow!!! I don't know if the shape or the metal had the most
effect, but they're lovely to crimp! I also found the base metal crimp beads
easier to get looking ok with 4 strands of beadalon instead of just 2...

Old February 7th 04, 06:15 PM
Dr. Sooz

I got a pair from somewhere else that appear to line up - I just can't get
the damn things to work! BF can do it, and gets a perfect round little
crimp each time, but I just can't! Bah!

Crimping animations for your clarity (Links List: Instructions):

http://www.penguintrax.com/anicrimp.gif

http://www.beadalon.com/movies.html
~~
Sooz