Non-U.S. sources for DMC Coton a Broder

Old March 18th 04, 12:13 AM
elaine

Default Non-U.S. sources for DMC Coton a Broder

I know that DMC has stopped selling the Coton a Broder thread to U.S.
distributors, and I'm on the prowl for an alternative source -- in the
U.K., NZ, Australia, or wheverever else I could do business. (I can
only pay with credit cards and I know that can be limiting.)

I am interested in a range of colors in #25, not just white, and was
able to find a handful of colors at Lacis. But I'd like to get more --
it is fabulous thread for certain types of satin stitching, monograms,
and such. (Yes, floche is very nice, too, but it is very softly spun
and has a tendency to fuzz up in larger areas of stitching. The Coton a
Broder has a harder twist and wears better for things that will be
laundered.)

I googled the RCTN archives and followed the leads that were suggested
in previous years, but alas -- many of the recommended stores no longer
seem to have this thread in stock. Thanks very much in advance for your
help.

Elaine Benfatto

Old March 18th 04, 01:42 AM
LTuros41

Try Holly Van Sciber.
http://www.vansciverbobbinlace.com
DMC Coton a Broder is often used in Bobbin Lace or needle lace. Hope that
helps. Linda
Old March 18th 04, 07:37 AM
Shirley Shone

In UK

http://www.sewandso.co.uk

http://www.stitchntime-crafts.co.uk

Hope these help
Shirley

In article , LTuros41
writes

--
Shirley Shone

Old March 18th 04, 10:23 AM
Lynne Demmery

Elaine, there's a couple of sources in Canada.
Traditional Stitches www.traditionalstitches.com and
Mrs. Twitchet's Eye http://www.mrstwitchett.mb.ca/

I beleive Traditional Stitches carries some colors.

Lynne (in Ottawa)

Old March 19th 04, 06:20 AM
Janet M. Davies

"Silken Strands" http://www.silkenstrands.co.uk has the full range.
Catherine that runs it knows her stuff and very trustworthy to deal
with.

Design a stitching good day,
Janet
http://www.jmddesigns.co.nz
http://www.masterstitch.co.uk
Get the JMD Newsletter:
Old March 19th 04, 04:49 PM
elaine

Thanks very much for everyone's suggestions. I found some promising
leads and have already sent away for some color cards. I'm grateful for
the help!

Elaine Benfatto
Cambridge, Mass USA

Old March 20th 04, 10:35 AM