Keepsake Needlearts

Old January 17th 11, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Grace-Miller

Default Keepsake Needlearts

Does anybody know if Keepsake Needlearts in Center Harbor N.H. is still
around? I just uncovered an old catalogue of theirs (2005) and fell in
love with their kits all over again. However, when I'm clicking on their
links on their web page, I keep getting 'bad request'. I hope they're
not gone too!

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.
Old January 18th 11, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jan 17, 6:23*pm, Maureen Grace-Miller
wrote:
Does anybody know if Keepsake Needlearts in Center Harbor N.H. is still
around? *I just uncovered an old catalogue of theirs (2005) and fell in
love with their kits all over again. However, when I'm clicking on their
links on their web page, I keep getting 'bad request'. *I hope they're
not gone too!

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

They're still there. They have an ad in the current JCS.
I tried going there and had no problem. Perhaps they
had a computer glitch when you tried.

Nancy
Old January 18th 11, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 1/17/2011 6:23 PM, Maureen Grace-Miller wrote:
Does anybody know if Keepsake Needlearts in Center Harbor N.H. is still
around? I just uncovered an old catalogue of theirs (2005) and fell in
love with their kits all over again. However, when I'm clicking on their
links on their web page, I keep getting 'bad request'. I hope they're
not gone too!

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

Yes they are still there, I was there last August.

I needed Q-snaps ( left mine at home). The lady I finally cornered had
never heard of them. Actually, I found them in a small display by the
check-out counter in the Quilt area.

There is always a porch sale of their kits...........so I feel it my
responsibility to keep them in business. LOL

HOWEVER, they basically sell kits. Also the "doorway" seperating the
Quilt shop (awesome, even though I don't quilt) has been replaced by
an"arch". It is all part of the same shop, and you pay for it all in the
fabric side.

The yarn shop is great fun..........I helped them too. Scrapbooking left
me cold, so they can scrounge for scraps.

The addy is http://www.keepsakeneedlearts.com/

Gillian back in chilly Florida ( well it is if you are in shorts and
sandals!

Old January 18th 11, 12:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bobbieviorritto

On
HOWEVER, they basically sell kits. Also the "doorway" seperating the
Quilt shop (awesome, even though I don't quilt) has been replaced by
an"arch". It is all part of the same shop, and you pay for it all in the
fabric side.

The yarn shop is great fun..........I helped them too. Scrapbooking left
me cold, so they can scrounge for scraps.

The addy is http://www.keepsakeneedlearts.com/

Gillian back in chilly Florida ( well it is if you are in shorts and
sandals!

I went up there in November for their Open house. I found some lovely
yarn at their sister store Patternworks to make a baby shrug for Eva.
I went into Keepsake Needlearts, but the signage is replace with a
Clearance sign. I did find a couple of things(more yarn) there though
and had to check out at Keepsake Quilting. The woman there said that the
catalog sales will continue, but all clearance from all three shops and
past catalogs would now be consigned to that shop area. There were
PLENTY of kits to be had and the prices are really good.

I have since ordered from the catalog with no problems and will continue
to do so, but I thought you should know. I was going to post this
earlier, but life got in the way. TYSK

Bobbie V.
Old January 18th 11, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Grace-Miller

bobbieviorritto wrote:
On

[...]

Thanks everyone. I love the things they have in this catalogue I have
and can't wait to receive the new one. Although I prefer to work from
just charts, I'll take anything I can get these days since the sources
for needlework of any kind seem to be as scarce as hens teeth in my neck
of the woods.

Maureen
Old January 18th 11, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Maureen Grace-Miller" wrote in message
bobbieviorritto wrote:
On

[...]

I have the very same problem. The last LNS closed last year and I miss it
terribly.

Lucille

Old January 18th 11, 07:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Grace-Miller

Lucille wrote:

"Maureen Grace-Miller" wrote in
message ...

bobbieviorritto wrote:

On

[...]

I wonder if there are so few stitcherts around then, or if the big box
stores (Michael's etc) have killed the small LNS in most towns. If I
thought that, I'd be tempted to start a small mail-order business myself
just to keep the supplies out there and the needle arts alive.

Maureen
Old January 18th 11, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Lucille wrote:

"Maureen Grace-Miller" wrote in
message ...

bobbieviorritto wrote:

On

[...]

With my store the owner just got tired of it. She was getting older and
wanted to travel and do more fun things then owning the store allowed. She
tried to sell it, and even to give it away to her daughter, but couldn't get
anyone interested.

Old January 18th 11, 08:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 1/18/2011 1:54 PM, Lucille wrote:

"Maureen Grace-Miller" wrote in
message ...
bobbieviorritto wrote:
On

[...]

Maureen and Lucille,

I would be more than happy to fill out any lists you have from my LNS,
and mail them to you. She is in the same town..............takes about
25 mins to drive there, but it always lands up as a friendly visit for
an hour or so! I was in yesterday, and picked up a small piece she had
framed for me, two gorgeous plush fingertip towels, which I hadn't seen
before, and replacement clips for my Q-snaps.........and came out with
change from $30.

Gillian
Old January 18th 11, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 18, 1:39*pm, Maureen Grace-Miller
wrote:

I wonder if there are so few stitchers around then, or if the big box
stores (Michael's etc) have killed the small LNS in most towns.

If the Michael's is like ours, there wouldn't be much competition!
They have the same Leisure Arts kits that they've had for, seriously,
*years*, which are the same LA kits that Joann's has (and Wally World
had, until they eliminated stitchy stuff from their crafts section).
No wonder no one cross stitches anymore...it's always the same old
stuff. That's why I love to go to Fargo to NN!

Joan

Needlearts 2006 F.James Cripwell Needlework 1 May 29th 06 04:43 AM
Legacy Needlearts seminars dlcd Needlework 0 January 15th 06 08:37 PM
Keepsake Needlearts Suzanne Needlework 9 June 16th 04 10:37 PM
Top 3 Needlearts ~ A New Poll Russell Miller Needlework 79 December 13th 03 12:48 AM
Top 3 Needlearts ~ A New Poll Lee Needlework 6 December 8th 03 12:47 AM