What to do with Stash

Old April 12th 09, 03:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Carey N.

Default What to do with Stash

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 4/8/09 5:16 PM, in article ,
"lucretia
" lucretia wrote:

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 16:59:09 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Every so often I get tempted to try making socks - they sound so

wonderful

Cheryl

I have a great pattern I can send you, very easy to adjust if need be,
so you make socks that are a perfect fit. The thing I like about
them is that when you finish the sock you have two bits of yarn to
weave in and that's it. There are great sock yarns available now,
fully machine washable and drier proof.

And to make it even more tempting, I have a gift cert to the new local

yarn
store...

Yes, I'll take that pattern link please.

Cheryl

Cheryl,
Hate to be a pest, but would you pass on the pattern link? Seems like I
need to have something portable with me lately, and I'm almost done the
little Bucilla cross stitch Pears I have. I have its companion, Lemons, and
another Pears, but I think I'm a little bored with it for now.
--
Carey in MA
(This kitty is going back to the corner...)

Old April 12th 09, 12:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 4/12/09 7:31 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 07:10:31 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Cheryl,
Hate to be a pest, but would you pass on the pattern link? Seems like I
need to have something portable with me lately, and I'm almost done the
little Bucilla cross stitch Pears I have. I have its companion, Lemons, and
another Pears, but I think I'm a little bored with it for now.
--
Carey in MA
(This kitty is going back to the corner...)

Sheena's computer is down, so when I get it I'll share.....

I am expecting computer #1 back from hospital on Monday/Tuesday and
will scan and send to you both then. This computer runs Vista and I
found I needed drivers to attach the old printers or scanners to it
and decided to leave them as is, on the old computer.

Thank you Sheena

I started a new pattern yesterday for anklets with a cabling pattern,
I figured they would make nice bed socks for my aunt.

Those sound sweet!

I have to admit, with the garden calling, I've thought about sending you the
yarn I've been eyeing and having you knit them. I spent twenty minutes in
the garden Thursday and the cuts on my hands from the grasses seeped for two
days. No stitching or knitting, the cuts just kept opening up.

Yesterday's force stand in the rain helped....

Old April 12th 09, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Carey N.

wrote:

[...]

Thanks so much, both of you. I just realized my email addy may be showing
up with a bit extra in it (to avoid email gather-ers.) Just take the DOG
out of it.

Sounds like Windows Vista may be more trouble than a normal upgrade would be
worth. I'm still running XP (I think with SP-2), and don't really have time
to get a new desktop, though I have been thinking about laptaps, with all
the hospital sitting time I'm putting in lately. Of course, that's an
expense in itself, so cross stitch and socks would be a more viable
alternative right now for new projects.

Again, thanks so very much.

--
Carey in MA
(Going back for a cat nap before trip to tax preparer, and hospital...)

Old April 12th 09, 02:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

[...]

Have the best day possible

Old April 12th 09, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 4/12/09 9:26 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:53:47 GMT, "Carey N."
wrote:

Thanks so much, both of you. I just realized my email addy may be showing
up with a bit extra in it (to avoid email gather-ers.) Just take the DOG
out of it.

Sounds like Windows Vista may be more trouble than a normal upgrade would be
worth. I'm still running XP (I think with SP-2), and don't really have time
to get a new desktop, though I have been thinking about laptaps, with all
the hospital sitting time I'm putting in lately. Of course, that's an
expense in itself, so cross stitch and socks would be a more viable
alternative right now for new projects.

Again, thanks so very much.

I have this laptop with Vista on it - I like it, have not had problems
(other than that it does not like my old printer and scanner). I am
ashamed to confess I also have an HP mini, weighs less than 2lbs, can
fit in your purse and has XP because the Atom processor can't take
Vaster.

As poor Lucille knows, I am totally in love with the HP mini, while
one wouldn't want it for a main computer, it is excellent for taking
around the place. I had pics of my bridge partner on it and took it
to bridge the other day to show them to her, I opened the lid, pressed
the button and within 45 seconds it had loaded and also connected via
it's wifi card to a real estate company upstairs with an unsecured
connection to the net !

For sheer convenience and portability, it's great.

I have noted your address and will send patterns.

That's what I'm finding with my iPhone. While I thought it was cool, I
really wondered why I "needed" a phone with more memory than the first three
computers I owned. Pictures, link in darn near any where, games (useful for
those long practices).....

Old April 12th 09, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

wrote:

[...]

Talk about an enabler. She's right about the poor Lucille bit. She has me
convinced that I can't live without a mini and I'm definitely going to buy
myself a new toy very shortly.

My new computer has Vista, which is fine. The only problem I have with it
is that this one is 64 bit and isn't compatible with lots of older programs,
but nearly all that I wanted work fine and the few that don't I really
didn't need anyway.

When I bought this it came with an offer for an all-in-one printer that
wound up costing me $20. How can you lose with that kind of offer.

Old April 12th 09, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

Lucretia Borgia wrote

I am expecting computer #1 back from hospital on Monday/Tuesday and
will scan and send to you both then. This computer runs Vista and I
found I needed drivers to attach the old printers or scanners to it
and decided to leave them as is, on the old computer.

I started a new pattern yesterday for anklets with a cabling pattern,
I figured they would make nice bed socks for my aunt.

I saw a very pretty touch yesterday--a fairly simple ankle length sock, but
the knitter had made a row of eyelets near the top, and threaded a ribbon
through.

Dawne

Old April 13th 09, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Carey N.

wrote:

[...]

Boy, your HP mini sounds like a delight. Does it happen to run
spreadsheets/Excel? That might be worth my looking in to. Of course, if
it's too mini, I'll need my cross-stitch glasses with me to read it LOL !

Thanks in advance for sending patterns.
--
Carey in MA

Old April 13th 09, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Carey N.

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 4/12/09 8:53 AM, in article ,

wrote:

[...]

Had a productive day; got taxes done, went to get 2 tires on his car and
turned out it really needed 4. Sharp eyed manager spotted a problem I
hadn't seen that could have resulted in a blow out, and I've been doing a
lot of highway driving, so I was very thankful for that. DH feeling well
today and treatment plans seem to be coming together a bit. It was a much
better day than some have been lately. Hope you and yours, as well as all
other RCTN-ers, had a great day.
--
Carey in MA