LQS Complaints--Other shoe; same foot.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 14th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default LQS Complaints--Other shoe; same foot.

In article ,
Marcella Peek wrote:

The other day we had a little family wedding shower for my niece (she
and her finance just hit the courthouse with their parents so we didn't
get a chance to do anything beforehand) The phone rang, her mom handed
it to her and she chatted while we were all waiting for her to finish
unwrapping a gift. sigh. Finally off the phone, opened said gift.
Phone rang again and a conversation of at least 5 minutes went on while
we sat waiting. She put the phone down next to me. I very quietly slid
it off the table, into my lap and removed the battery. :-) No more
interruptions. Battery went back after dessert. Yes, I can be an evil
aunt but sheesh.

Good for you, Marcella! I love the convenience of having a cell phone
(it's the *only* way to reach DH when he's between schools where he has
to observe student teachers), but I can't imagine why people can't turn
them off or at least silence them when in a meeting, movie, etc. It
drives me nuts!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

big foot + little foot Wren Quilting 11 March 5th 06 06:06 PM
Big foot Debra Quilting 6 July 30th 05 01:32 AM
Boot Shoe Pattern Cutting & Clicking 1906 FA Sally General Crafting 0 September 12th 04 12:23 AM
A walk(ing foot) in the park KittyG Quilting 18 October 21st 03 06:35 PM