My Requirements for Dating a Man

Old July 4th 04, 10:12 PM
Jess

Default My Requirements for Dating a Man

1. Physical attraction is a MUST. I prefer men who are handsome, have
nice smiles, and who are physically fit/muscular. Beer bellies are a
DEFINITE turn-off. However, I do have a preference for large "teddy
bear" type men, as long as they are fit (a nice hairy chest is a plus,
yum!).Also, any man I date must be at least 6 feet tall (preferably
taller). I'm 5'5" myself, and would not feel comfortable with a man
shorter than 6 feet. My man must also know how to dress well, and must
be able to display proper ettiquette at all times and in all
situations.

2. There must be chemistry. Without sparks, there can be no flame, and
if that's the case there will be no second date.

3. Any man who I would want to date must be educated and have a decent
job. I have a bachelor's degree myself, and I will not settle. That's
why I would prefer a man with an advanced degree. I also require that
he
earn at least 20% more than I do, otherwise I could not respect him.
My
last husband worked in a factory, and after it reached the point where
began to make more money than him, I lost all respect for him. I'm
also
not going to date a man who performs some menial job, such as
installing
car stereo equipment.

4. Religion. I am a Roman Catholic, and any man I date MUST be Roman
Catholic also. He must have good morals and values. He must also be
loyal and faithful, and never even THINK about looking at other women.

5. Any man I date must have the approval of my family, friends, and
co-workers. If any of my friends or family see any "red flags" about
him, that's probably going to be a deal breaker. I trust their
judgement
and instincts.

6. Any man I date must be mature and self-sufficient. He must never
have
lived with his parents after the age of 18, and he must own the basic
things that a mature adult should own, such as a house and a
(late-model) car. And no, a "mobile home" does not count. I could
never
look up to a man who lives in a trailer.

7. Financial security. Any man I would seriously date must be
financially secure. He must have a 401K plan, life savings, and an
investment portfolio. I'm not going to ever again put myself in the
position of having to financially support a man. You had better have
something to bring to the table.

8. Intelligence. If a man is intelligent, I AM THERE! He must be
witty,
funny, charming, and able to converse with my friends and family, and
have them like him in return. He must be able to make me laugh. At the
same time though, he must never be boring, he must always be able to
keep me guessing, otherwise I will lose interest and may start to look
elsewhere ...

Old July 4th 04, 11:19 PM
Slinky

And this has what to do with fiber or yarn?

rec.crafts.textiles.yarn habitues want to know...

snipped blather
Old July 5th 04, 12:07 AM
Ray Gelotte

Jess,

You didn't say anything male quilters, but since I flunked every requirement
anyway, it doesn't matter.

Ray

Old July 5th 04, 12:13 AM
GSHEPDOG

My
last husband worked in a factory, and after it reached the point where
began to make more money than him, I lost all respect for him. I'm
also
not going to date a man who performs some menial job, such as

installing
car stereo equipment.

Hi:

Her LAST late husband? How many has she had? Bet he is glad to be elsewhere
rather than living with this person.

I used to work with a woman who basically had this same view about men. Last I
heard she was still single and desperate and couldn't understand what was wrong
with all the men.

Lee
Old July 5th 04, 02:28 AM
CNYstitcher

Surprised you acknowledged an ex-husband, since, if you are Roman
Catholic, as you say, you had to get an annullment....which basically
says that the first marriage never happened, hence, no ex-husband

Old July 5th 04, 03:56 AM
KJ

????? Where did the original post come from and why is it here? Rather
like a spacecraft landed and aliens popped out!

Old July 5th 04, 04:10 AM
Julia Altshuler

KJ wrote:
????? Where did the original post come from and why is it here? Rather
like a spacecraft landed and aliens popped out!

It is called a troll. The same message landed on my other newsgroups
too and has gotten responses on them as well. The idea behind a troll
is to post something outrageous then sit back and watch the fireworks as
people argue over it. The troll rarely comes back, and if it does, it
is only to say something that sets people arguing more. (My favorite is
when the troll says something along the lines of "sorry, all I meant was
....")

--Lia

Old July 5th 04, 04:16 AM
Spike Driver