OT - University Challenge!

Old February 27th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo in Scotland

Default OT - University Challenge!

For those who don't know, it's a television program where teams from
different Universities compete in general knowledge questions.
Generally, Cambridge and St. Andrews seem to feature quite frequently,
so the good folks at the Dundee University Students' Association
contacted Granada studios and expressed an interest in forming a
Dundee team.

That is where I come in. I went along to a quiz night tonight and
impressed them with the cesspool of useless information that swims
about in my head. There were no questions about Scots law or American
history, so it was all trivia that I've picked up over the years.

There will be another quiz night on Friday, then in a week's time or
so the final team of 4 will be selected. Fingers crossed they'll pick
me! It will mean flying down to London in May or June (after exams!)
so that would be fun, since I've not been to London since 1997 and
loads of things have been built in that time.

Wish me luck!

-- Jo in Scotland

Old February 27th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Good Luck, Jo! I'm rooting for you! I wish I could mentally transport of
of my useless information to you! You just never know when it will come in
handy! Have fun.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
oups.com...

Old February 27th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Goooooooo Jo, Go! Break a leg or whatever's required. How very exciting.
We wish you the very best of luck and quick memory. Polly

Old February 27th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Megwen Woodham

I watch it regularly, it'll be great to say I know that team member!

Good luck,

Megwen
Bath, England

Old February 27th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

ooooh, fingers and toes crossed for you Jo. I do hope you get through! it
will be the 1st time anyone I know is competing.
I always (almost) watch it and feel so good when I manage to answer 2 or 3
lol!!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

Old February 27th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Go Jo!
Good luck!

I can't watch you out here but will be cheering you on to
super stardom!
--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o

"Estelle Gallagher" wrote in
message ...
: ooooh, fingers and toes crossed for you Jo. I do hope you
get through! it
: will be the 1st time anyone I know is competing.
: I always (almost) watch it and feel so good when I manage
to answer 2 or 3
: lol!!
: --
: Estelle UK
:

Old February 27th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

Good for you, Jo!!! This sounds extra-exciting. Keep us posted on progress,
OK?
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Old February 27th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

goodness! WOW!! amazing!! just the chance of being able to join in sounds
great to me!

Jo underplays the wealth of information these teams have when they join -
they make the average MENSA member look like they have an IQ of 90 max LOL

good luck Jo!

--
Jessamy - noting the strange coincidence that I too was last in London in
1997

Old February 28th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Jo in Scotland wrote:
[...]

Good luck, and don't forget to tell us when to watch.

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Quilt University Kate G. Quilting 4 January 31st 06 02:15 AM
Moda University Marcella Peek Quilting 5 December 12th 05 01:13 PM
Quilt university for EQ5 Terbear Quilting 12 June 23rd 04 08:38 PM
Help w/University Vintage Stash? AtlasCoughed Sewing 9 December 10th 03 01:25 PM
Reply from the University NoraBalcer Yarn 3 October 29th 03 05:37 AM