Ahole spammer - anyway to spam back or report?

Old January 2nd 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
D Kat

Default Ahole spammer - anyway to spam back or report?

I'm getting fed up with blocking this jerk (I have to block each address).
Does anyone know of a way to do a more general block on them or to report
them?

Old January 3rd 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Bubbles_

"D Kat" wrote in message
I'm getting fed up with blocking this jerk (I have to block each address).
Does anyone know of a way to do a more general block on them or to report
them?

If they don't stop, the only way to stop them is to report them - every time
they spam.

Happy New Year, D!

Marianne

Old January 3rd 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
D Kat

And how do you report them given that they are using up to a hundred
different addresses?

Old January 5th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Bubbles_

"D Kat" wrote in message
And how do you report them given that they are using up to a hundred
different addresses?

If you right-click (at least in outlook express) and select properties and
then details, you will get a list like this (might also be View Headers in
some programs):

From: "D Kat"
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.pottery
Subject: Ahole spammer - anyway to spam back or report?
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 20:48:20 -0500
So, if you were the spammer, I would report you to

Marianne

Old January 6th 08, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Bob Eld

"D Kat" wrote in message
I'm getting fed up with blocking this jerk (I have to block each address).
Does anyone know of a way to do a more general block on them or to report
them?

I assume you mean the M I 5 nut case who has been spamming (Sporging) all
of the news groups with M I 5 garbage while varying the symbols in the
message and sender so you can't easily block him.

I just delete him from the groups when they download which seems to work.
It's next to impossible to set up a rule for blocking him because of the
constant changes.

Below are the details of one of his messages. The news group client is
altopia.com and is where complaints should go. It might also help to
complain to hotmail.

Newsgroups:
sci.fractals,sci.geo.earthquakes,sci.geo.geology,s ci.geo.meteorology,sci.geo
..oceanography
Subject: M`I'5`Persecutio n ` hara ssment at w ork
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 10:46:10 +0000 (UTC)