OT Shopping with children

Old August 23rd 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Default OT Shopping with children

I have just been sent this:

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old August 23rd 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Sally Swindells wrote:

I have just been sent this:

That's one of the funniest auctions I've ever seen! Thanks! G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 23rd 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Sandy wrote:
In article ,
Sally Swindells wrote:

I have just been sent this:

That's one of the funniest auctions I've ever seen! Thanks! G

OPh, I do like that!

Now you know why I stopped at one!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 23rd 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

$142.51 --- WOW! I'd say her kids did good slipping those cards into the
shopping cart. I think If I wanted them I could go to the grocery and get
them also, for just a few bucks. Why would someone spend $142.51???? Go
figure. Can't get that much for a beautiful hand made lap quilt or twin bed
quilt.

~~~ sigh ~~~

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
I have just been sent this:

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old August 24th 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lotsoflavender

I'd say all the bidders took pity on her, with that many to feed and drag
around the supermarket, she needs all the help she can get!
Just love it........
Wendy in NSW

Old August 24th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn/Jalynne

Someone in my Washington State Internet Quilters group sent that to the
group the other day...incredibly funny. I've been reading her blog, too.

Jenn in Tacoma

Old August 24th 07, 09:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Lotsoflavender wrote:
I'd say all the bidders took pity on her, with that many to feed and drag
around the supermarket, she needs all the help she can get!
Just love it........
Wendy in NSW

I'd use the Pokemon cash for a babysitter session, and park the kids for
next month's marathon shop! She'd save more than that in stress, not
buying stuff she doesn't need, and in general groceries if she plans the
month's meals properly!

Old August 24th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

If the story is true, even if it's not, I pity the poor woman shopping
with six.

This is a totally true, unembellished story:

When my youngest was young he had many ear infections, despite
breastfeeding until he was two and keeping him away from foods he
reacted to. His older brother was asthmatic. I can tell you we had
some interesting times.

One morning, I realized I was out of diapers. The younger was 18
months or so and the older was around 4. The youngest had a raving ear
infection and was taking steroids to bring down the inflamation (yes,
there was a good reason why no ear tubes). The older was having bad
asthma and was taking albuteral for that. In other words, I had two
drugged, hyped up, cranky and generally miserable boys.

I dragged them to the car, dragged them into the store. The older one
immediately got into the space under the cart and the younger one had
to be IN the cart and within a minute, the older one poked the younger
through the cart bottom and the younger gave the c art front a hard
kick. At that, the little thingys holding the front of the cart in
place gave way and the hinged front flapped down, hard (this was a
metal cart), smacking the older boy in the face. Blood went
everywhere. Nose, lips, teeth, forehead. The older one hit the
offending hinged front flap with a fist, it swung up, the younger one
kicked it again and BANG, hit older boy in the face again.

Now, I couldn't leave the store without diapers and probably other
things I had to have, so I dragged bloody child out, wiped his face on
my tee-shirt, fended off the store manager and dragged him screaming
through the store. The younger one was so pleased with himself that he
stood up the first time I let go of the cart to get something off the
shelf, falling from the cart headfirst.

Now I had two bleeding, s creaming, drug-addled children. I was
dragging them through the store (I suspect I was also picking up a
prescription, which I almost always was back then) when I came to the
pharmacy section and looking at the "unmentionables" shelves I
remembered that we were out of "birth control devices" and shuddered
to think what a night of indiscretion might mean and picked up a box
of the things, foregoing the usual embarrassment and just tossing them
into the basket.

We finally made it up to the front checkout. Both boys were in the
basket by this time, sobbing and fighting and grabbing for candy and
bleeding. Bruises were forming on the older one's truly banged up
face. My tee-shirt was bloody and had snot on it by this time.

A young kid, around 20 maybe, was checking and he was wide-eyed at my
kids, sort of being very quiet and checking quickly. He picked up the
condoms and looked at them and looked at me and said "Good move!"

I was humiliated. Horrified. Could have climbed under any nearby rock.
But I broke out laughing. I couldn't help it.

To this day, I wonder if that poor kid ever got the nerve to have a
family of his own or if my sons permanently scarred him.

Have a wonderful day,
Sunny (and I swear this really happened to me)

Old August 24th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise[_2_]

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 16:54:20 -0000, Sunny wrote:

We finally made it up to the front checkout. Both boys were in the
basket by this time, sobbing and fighting and grabbing for candy and
bleeding. Bruises were forming on the older one's truly banged up
face. My tee-shirt was bloody and had snot on it by this time.

A young kid, around 20 maybe, was checking and he was wide-eyed at my
kids, sort of being very quiet and checking quickly. He picked up the
condoms and looked at them and looked at me and said "Good move!"

This was hilarious to read, although I'm sure it was horrible at the
time! Thank you for sharing it.

Louise

OT - the children Kalera Beads 7 October 16th 06 02:15 PM
OT CHILDREN Bonnie Patterson Quilting 14 January 15th 06 07:41 PM
OT - children Candace Beads 3 May 27th 04 10:04 AM
OT All my children Amberinauburn Needlework 8 April 15th 04 03:07 PM