Pics of my first finished quilt and the nautical quilt top

Old August 20th 04, 05:44 AM
Teacher gal

Default Pics of my first finished quilt and the nautical quilt top

I think I figured out this online picture thing, and since it was requested,
I've taken a few pics of the two quilts I've been working on and posted them
at the address below. I'm really not that good with photographs, and the
only place I had enough room to lay out the nautical top was on the living
room floor, so the angles are kind of funny. It's a good thing the cat hair
doesn't show up on the Ocean Waves one, though! It's hard to see, but the
cream print squares are echo quilted a bit, and all of the diagonals were
quilted in the ditch. The border has a sort of oval and diamond pattern
I've seen on quilting templates, but I couldn't find one out in the boonies
where I live, so I made my own and used it.

I'm rather surprised at how much simpler the Mariner's Compass was to sew
than I thought it would be. I've heard so many people say it is extremely
difficult to set all of those points, and while mine were off a bit, the
freezer paper method made it go a lot easier than I expected. I'm probably
not going to gussy this one up much, as my husband is pretty anxious to get
it, and I think it looks nice enough as it is. I hate the cloud fabric,
though; it just seems to throw off any sense of perspective for that panel,
but I couldn't find a decent batik or hand-dyed fabric that would do the sky
justice there. The one for the night sky is gorgeous, though; it's got
sparkles in it like stars, and gradients of dark blue that look almost like
clouds. The moon and sun were both cut from batiks, and the moon really
looks pretty realistic, if I do say so myself. Of course, the appliqueing
was NOT something I'd like to repeat anytime soon. I'll take a Mariner's
Compass over appliqueing any day of the week.

I've rattled on long enough, though, so take a gander at the two if you'd
like, and let me know what you think! They're both what someone referred to
as "cot sized", around 50 x 80 inches or so.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tas...PVYEUuF&.dir=/
95df&.src=ph

Anastasia

Old August 20th 04, 07:03 AM
melinda

Teacher gal wrote:

[snip]
I've rattled on long enough, though, so take a gander at the two if you'd
like, and let me know what you think! They're both what someone referred to
as "cot sized", around 50 x 80 inches or so.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tas...PVYEUuF&.dir=/
95df&.src=ph

Anastasia

WOW, they are both very nice!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old August 20th 04, 09:16 AM
Packrat

WOW!!!

--
8-)

Jessamy - speechless....
In the Netherlands
http://www.geocities.com/jess_ayad/

Old August 20th 04, 10:28 AM
Donna Liller

Hi...for some reason I can't see the pictures. I just see the page, with
Tasialue's quilts, but no pictures.

--
Donna in WV

Old August 20th 04, 12:38 PM
Patti

That happened to me, too, Donna?
I expect there's something we 'should be doing'; but I have no clue as
to what!!
The suspense is killing me g
..
In article .net,
Donna Liller writes
Hi...for some reason I can't see the pictures. I just see the page, with
Tasialue's quilts, but no pictures.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 20th 04, 12:55 PM
Queen of Squishies

hmmm........ I see the album there, but no pictures. Help?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old August 20th 04, 01:22 PM
georg

I really like that nautical one!! Is that a commercial pattern or did
you invent it? I want to make one for my middle nephew, I think.

-georg

Old August 20th 04, 01:40 PM
Diana Curtis

You may need to copy and paste the last numbers from the Url into your
browser after you click and get to the link... or use
http://tinyurl.com/6uvnu
That will take you to the thumbnails page.
Diana

link.net...

Old August 20th 04, 01:42 PM
Diana Curtis

Beautiful work, lovely quilts! We should all have made such grand quilts our
first time out! Congrats!
Diana