Just a happy story

Old October 21st 11, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Just a happy story

Do you remember a little more than a year ago when I made Puss in Bonnets
for an expected grand niece? The quilt was purrfect until I washed it and
the batik backing turned everything (including the zebra striped kitty, the
washing machine drum and my kitchen counter) a rowdy pink. No telling how
many hours I'd spent appliquéing kitty ears, paws and tails and the bleeding
pink just nearly killed me.
Happy ending here. Puss in Bonnets and baby are a year old now.
Neither baby nor quilt are covered in hot pink dye. Baby loves quilt.
Covers up with it, tells Daddy, "night-night" and closes her sleepy eyes.
Just no feeling like getting to hug and comfort a baby and of course,
especially the needy little ones. Polly

Old October 21st 11, 09:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

This is something we need to remember and not take ourselves too
seriously. I bet that sweet girl thinks more pink is only an
improvement.
One of the (few) things I remember from my brief experience with oil
painting is the glaze technique: you apply a thin transparent layer of
some contrasting, unifying color to tone down the too-sharp color
contrasts and pull it all together. Maybe the quilt goddess just
thought your kitties needed a pink glaze.
Roberta in D

Old October 21st 11, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

I love reading posts like this early in the morning - they make my heart
sing!

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old October 21st 11, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AllisonH

Awww that's lovely! The baby knows whats important in a quilt - not the
colour but the love that went into making it.

Allison

Old October 22nd 11, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I just love you, Polly.

Sunny
Old October 22nd 11, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Awwww. Thanks, Sunny. I don't suppose you are jumping to the conclusion
that I've reformed and now pre-wash everything? Nope. Nosiree. Some folks
just never learn. And FWIW, after only being washed once or twice a day for
a year, the quilt is finally the original colors. Almost. Except for the
delicate pink glaze. Polly

"Sunny" wrote in message
I just love you, Polly.

Sunny

Old October 23rd 11, 12:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di Maloney[_2_]

And the delicate pink glaze is what makes the quilt so special.
Are you sure you never intended that to happen Polly?

Di

"Sunny" wrote in message
I just love you, Polly.

Sunny

OT - Story: The Bomb Threat (not a fun story) Kathy N-V Beads 8 February 13th 05 10:47 PM
OT Story - Two Happy Ultrasounds Sjpolyclay Beads 7 November 7th 04 08:51 AM
OT - Story: Toasting the Happy Couple Cheryl Beads 9 June 4th 04 10:52 AM
Story - A MIL Story Jalynne Beads 2 March 8th 04 12:30 PM
Story - The Sofa Story Lisa Beads 7 October 12th 03 01:14 PM