OT More on the NightMist Saga

Old September 26th 11, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Default OT More on the NightMist Saga

Hoping for the best possible outcome.
Gen

"NightMist" wrote in message

I am all poked full of holes, have three hospital bracelets, and my back
is just killing me from laying about on gurneys and hospital beds.

So Wednesday I went and had my bloodwork done, and the ultrasounds, and
the chest x-ray. If I have to fast for tests I am by gosh only going to
do it once!

Wednesday evening, yes after office hours, the clinic called and said
that the doctor wanted to see me first thing in the morning. I did not
feel that this boded well.

Much to my surprise, what she wanted to see me about was my hematocrit.
I was _very_ anemic, the actual result on the test was 4. She told me "I
am not understanding how you are standing up and walking around when you
are this anemic!" Apparently 4 on that test is bad enough to warrant
drastic action. Next thing you know I am in the ER with half a ream of
paperwork. I spent about 12 hours in The ER being poked and prodded by
five different doctors. One of them wanted to do surgery immediately and
so they acted accordingly and starved me all day. They had me admitted
by evening and I spent the night in the hospital getting two units of
blood, while another half dozen doctors went over my tests. At least
they fed me after I was admitted.

This morning I saw two more doctors and they discharged me. I go up to
Roswell on Tuesday.
Apparently the mass in my tummy is so huge that they could not tell where
it started out from with just the ultrasound, so they did a CAT scan
while I was in the ER. According to the doctors I saw this morning, all
the tests have pretty much narrowed it down to three possibilities, but
until they actually are looking inside me and then do pathology on the
mass they cannot be sure exactly which one it is. The options a An
unusual type of fibroid, endometriosis, or ovarian cancer. I am rooting
for fibroids.

Now I am going to go take a nap as they didn't finish getting the blood
in me until about 2:00 in the morning, and the whole time I was hooked up
to it they were coming in every half hour to check me out and make sure
that I wasn't having a bad reaction. Tired am I!

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?

Old September 29th 11, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

{{{{NM}}}} geez.....see what happens when i go away for a few
months...can't leave you alone!!!
But, truely, I do hope it's a benign diagnosis. I had endometriosis
and had very bad anemia. They ended
up doing a hysterectomy. A few weeks off your feet and feel like new.
Sending huge prayers and good
vibes your way.....rest as much as possible...
amy in SoCal
Old October 6th 11, 09:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Hi folks. This is NM's DH. I haven't done newsgroups for years and am
not really familiar with this software she uses, so I'll probably make a
mess of this, but she wanted news posted.

She made it through surgery and her vitals are reasonably good. She was
awake for a while until they got pain meds actually going and all that.
On hearing that they were going to give her a couple units of whole
blood, she said that if she starts to sparkle, stake her quick before she
starts angst-ing. I'll assume that you know her well enough that no
explanations on that quip are necessary.

Ok, the mass was large. From her doctor's precision method of holding up
his hands to show about how big, apparently about as long as a football.
Probably didn't have any laces or stripes on it like a football, but you
get the general idea. The doctor says it was a cancerous tumour. They
apparently got it all, and also took out some lymph nodes that were near
it just to be safe. He was very pleased with her vital signs and how
fast she was recovering from the surgery. She's in ICU, but they say
that's more because of a lack of beds in the normal place they keep beds,
and normally they would have put her in a regular room.

If I understand the doctor correctly, she may be coming home as soon as
Saturday. It was definitely a doozy of a day.

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old October 6th 11, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Thanks for letting us know!
Barbara in FL

Old October 6th 11, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

wow! Thanks for letting us know. Positive thoughts heading out!
Roberta in D

Old October 6th 11, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Thanks for the update. We have been worried. I'm glad the surgery went
well and hope a speedy recovery from that. Sending healing thoughts
her way.
Hugs, Taria

Old October 7th 11, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Big {{{HUGS}}} to NightMist & family. Looking forward to being able to
hear from the lady herself once she is back home. I'm sure she'll have
plenty to say!

Lizzy

Old October 7th 11, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Thanks for posting. I'm so glad to know our dear NM has a man who matches her wit and wisdom. And I'm relieved that she's come through surgery so well.. Please give her a gentle hug from me and tell her I'm sending lots of healing energies and thoughts to her and keeping her in my prayers.

Hugs to you both,
Sunny
Old October 8th 11, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

So glad things went well.

(raises glass) Here's to a successful and permanent recovery.

Now, do the convalescent thing, like a good girl! lol!

Nel
(Gadget Queen)