New here in this group

Old June 10th 14, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default New here in this group

Hello Everyone,
I am a quilter and someone from another group gave me this sight. I am currently working on a quilt called Squash Blossom from Fons and Porter magazine March/April 2014 issue. I had brought an Native American print but never could find a pattern to use until now. Guessing this was 3 years ago. Any how this quilt has been a challenge with hourglass, flying geese and pyramids rows. If there are others quilting I would enjoy hearing from you.
Sandy$
Old June 10th 14, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

wrote in message

Hello Everyone,
I am a quilter and someone from another group gave me this sight. I am
currently working on a quilt called Squash Blossom from Fons and Porter
magazine March/April 2014 issue. I had brought an Native American print
but never could find a pattern to use until now. Guessing this was 3 years
ago. Any how this quilt has been a challenge with hourglass, flying geese
and pyramids rows. If there are others quilting I would enjoy hearing from
you.
Sandy$

Hi Sandy, hope you will post often.
Barbara in SC

Old June 11th 14, 02:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:47:33 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am a quilter and someone from another group gave me this sight. I am currently working on a quilt called Squash Blossom from Fons and Porter magazine March/April 2014 issue. I had brought an Native American print but never could find a pattern to use until now. Guessing this was 3 years ago. Any how this quilt has been a challenge with hourglass, flying geese and pyramids rows. If there are others quilting I would enjoy hearing from you.

Sandy$

Hello Bobbie Sew More,
Thank you for your post. I am wondering if I have bitten off more than I should have with the Squash Blossom quilt pattern. I still have to assemble some of the blocks and still have three more triangle(pyramids)rows to assemble. I plan on taking my time because pattern is hard for me but if I take it slow and do just a little at a time I will not get over whelmed by it all. I would not recommend this pattern for a beginner.
Sandy$
Old June 11th 14, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

wrote in message

[...]

I stick to the most simple quilt patterns and have not had the time to make
a bed size quilt in a long time. I make the whole cloth quilts for children
in the family---the lap size quilts of spiderman, or animals---and back them
with fleece. Years ago I made a Quilt as you Go for a full size bed with
large scraps---that was the last big quilt I made. My quilts were for
family members. Don't know if I will make another bed size quilt as I stay
busy with different activities, but if I did it would not be with the small
designs----I don't have the patience! Good luck with your quilt!
Barbara in SC

Old June 13th 14, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

wrote in message

On Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:47:33 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am a quilter and someone from another group gave me this sight. I
am currently working on a quilt called Squash Blossom from Fons and Porter
magazine March/April 2014 issue. I had brought an Native American print
but never could find a pattern to use until now. Guessing this was 3 years
ago. Any how this quilt has been a challenge with hourglass, flying geese
and pyramids rows. If there are others quilting I would enjoy hearing
from you.

Just thinking, but if your quilt gets to be too much of a challenge, you
might could put the blocks you already finished in the middle and put blocks
of colors that go with it as rows of borders to frame the design.
Barbara in rainy SC

Old June 14th 14, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian[_3_]

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 06:47:33 -0700, morningdove2011 wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I am a quilter and someone from another group gave me this sight.
I am currently working on a quilt called Squash Blossom from Fons
and Porter magazine March/April 2014 issue. I had brought an
Native American print but never could find a pattern to use until
now. Guessing this was 3 years ago. Any how this quilt has been a
challenge with hourglass, flying geese and pyramids rows. If there
are others quilting I would enjoy hearing from you.
Sandy$

Not doing any quilting right now, but the important question is what is
your favorite kind of chocolate.

Brian Christiansen

Old June 14th 14, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:47:33 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am a quilter and someone from another group gave me this sight. I am currently working on a quilt called Squash Blossom from Fons and Porter magazine March/April 2014 issue. I had brought an Native American print but never could find a pattern to use until now. Guessing this was 3 years ago. Any how this quilt has been a challenge with hourglass, flying geese and pyramids rows. If there are others quilting I would enjoy hearing from you.

Sandy$

Hello Barbara
I do like a challenge and because I had that American Indian print wanted to make this quilt. Didn't realize just how hard it was until I got into making the pieces up. When I started assembling it, found that the hourglass pieces were too short by 2/8's of an inch, so had to redo all twenty of those. I had to use 4-3/8's instead of 4-1/4 inches. Now that this hurdle is over and can take my time assembling the top.
I do like your idea you gave me and if it gets too complicated in assembling it I may take your advice. Thank you for your thoughts.
Sandy$ in Idaho
Old June 17th 14, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:47:33 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am a quilter and someone from another group gave me this sight. I am currently working on a quilt called Squash Blossom from Fons and Porter magazine March/April 2014 issue. I had brought an Native American print but never could find a pattern to use until now. Guessing this was 3 years ago. Any how this quilt has been a challenge with hourglass, flying geese and pyramids rows. If there are others quilting I would enjoy hearing from you.

Sandy$

Hello Brian,
I stay away from Chocolate because it has a drug in it making me hypper(?) active. Seem to be real sensitive to it. Hope you start another quilt soon.
Sandy$
Old June 17th 14, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

I enjoy black licorice more so than chocolate. I'm willing to share.

Butterfly (Whose Compie just had a COMPLETE "Attitude Adjustment
Seminar. Now to figure out HOW it's set up.........)

Old June 20th 14, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:47:33 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am a quilter and someone from another group gave me this sight. I am currently working on a quilt called Squash Blossom from Fons and Porter magazine March/April 2014 issue. I had brought an Native American print but never could find a pattern to use until now. Guessing this was 3 years ago. Any how this quilt has been a challenge with hourglass, flying geese and pyramids rows. If there are others quilting I would enjoy hearing from you.

Sandy$

Hello Butterfly Wings,
I also love licorice (?)
Sandy$

New to Group Glory Hole Glassworks Gallery Glass 0 October 25th 07 10:05 PM
Your pick group (and any other group I moderate), Pami, Dannielle-double aster.... Terbear Quilting 0 December 2nd 06 12:17 AM
New to group redrose Quilting 13 November 10th 06 09:58 PM
Is the group ok? Dennis Yarn 4 October 29th 06 05:42 PM
A thanks to the group... Al A. Jewelry 0 October 29th 06 07:22 AM