Shoe lace like materials

Old July 14th 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Shoe lace like materials

Several years ago i bought in a sale , a sort of cotton `thread ` ,
that looks and feels a lot like shoelaces ,,, It is a knitted cord of
cottons .. various colors ,,,, I knitted some nice summer shirts for
my daughter wove quite some nice things and STASHED it away ,,, now i
am determined to use them [ up ] thus i strated some nice carry along
things ,,,, of course i was delighted to see that some mags used a
similar materials for knitting some vests ,,
mirjam
Old July 14th 08, 11:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Miriam,
Sounds like the string vests that we were issued with when I was in the
RAF and travelling to very cold places. They were very warm especially
when worn beneath a heavy, close-weave cotton shirt.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Hallo Bruce i don`t remeber you visiting this ng ??? but Hallo to
you !!!
I am bit puzzeled about your `string vest ` description , was it a
Knitted cloth ????
Any knitted [even loosely] garment under a close weave cloth will keep
the wramth ,,,,, You probably know that it`s not the Wool that keeps
you warm but the Holes /spaces inbetween the threads,,,
Could you remember approxemately if those `strings ` were thick ,
let`s say as a pencil , or as a Bike Wheel spike ???????????
mirjam
Old July 14th 08, 12:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote:
[...]

I lurk in various newsgroups, Miriam. String vests are knitted from
string identical in appearance to that which is normally used to tie up
a parcel, they look a bit like the photograph here
www.osbornesbigman.co.uk/photo.php?pid=492. The RAF version used
cheaper string which always shrank when washed.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old July 14th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

I lurk in various newsgroups, Miriam. String vests are knitted from
string identical in appearance to that which is normally used to tie up
a parcel, they look a bit like the photograph here
www.osbornesbigman.co.uk/photo.php?pid=492. The RAF version used
cheaper string which always shrank when washed.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
(Remove dentures to reply)- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Bruce , i looked at the Picture , i used to see those mesh
like undershirts years ago ,,,, The cord i described is a bit
thicker ,,, if you will send me you email i will scan some of it for
you !!!
mirjam
Old July 15th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jul 14, 7:11*pm, "Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney)"
I lurk in various newsgroups, Miriam. String vests are knitted from
string identical in appearance to that which is normally used to tie up
a parcel, they look a bit like the photograph here
www.osbornesbigman.co.uk/photo.php?pid=492. The RAF version used
cheaper string which always shrank when washed.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
(Remove dentures to reply)- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Bruce , i looked at the Picture , i used to see those mesh
like undershirts years ago ,,,, The cord i described is a bit
thicker ,,, if you will send me you email i will scan some of it for
you !!!
mirjam

My (munged) email address is in the "Reply to" and in the "From" address
of my emails, including this one. Just follow the instructions in my
signature to reply directly to me.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
(Remove dentures to reply)- Hide quoted text -

i never was fond on dental works ,
mirjam

Shoe Tree sewaddictive Needlework 0 June 20th 06 03:42 PM
Tie Your Shoe Metal Man Knots 1 April 5th 05 03:21 AM
more shoe beads Sjpolyclay Beads 0 October 10th 03 06:41 PM