My first tutorial for you guys!

Old November 22nd 03, 06:49 PM
Valerie

Default My first tutorial for you guys!

Well, I promised a written tutorial on how to make a twisted square stitch
bracelet that is a variation of a beaded bead found in Beaded Beads by
Beadwork. I did one better than a written tutorial and created an online lesson
of this bracelet! It's my first lesson ever not given in person. It may be a
little rough, but I wanted to get this out to you all as soon as I could.

The lesson shows you how to make this:
http://www.geocities.com/m2ir8/beade...seedbeadBR.jpg

And can be found he
http://www.geocities.com/m2ir8/lesson.html

I hope you all enjoy it and can understand it! ;-) If not please let me know
and I will try to explain it better. Pictures for the second step of the
tutorial will be on their way soon...I've got to complete a bracelet first to
show you all how that is done. I hope that the written version of that will
suffice for you all.

I'd love some feedback on this if you all don't mind. I hope you enjoy it!

Valerie

Website: http://www.geocities.com/m2ir8/index.html
RCB Member Links:
http://www.geocities.com/m2ir8/professionallinks.html
Submit your site! E-mail me for details! *Remove* spam block to reply.

Old November 22nd 03, 07:43 PM
EL

Great instructions! I had no trouble following along in my head as I read
them, and I'll try them and let you know!

Thanks, Valerie!

Elise

--
This is a post-only address.
Send replies to e_lewis AT bellsouth DOT net

Old November 22nd 03, 07:43 PM
Sjpolyclay

Valerie, that's a well written tute, and beautiful bracelets. There's only one
thing I would change, and that's to add the multiple bracelets pic (made
smaller, maybe? cropped?) to the top of the tute, as a "sweet shot" such as
they do at the beginning of magazine articles.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old November 22nd 03, 08:17 PM
Valerie

Valerie, that's a well written tute, and beautiful bracelets. There's only
one
thing I would change, and that's to add the multiple bracelets pic (made
smaller, maybe? cropped?) to the top of the tute, as a "sweet shot" such as
they do at the beginning of magazine articles.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Good idea Sarajane! Thanks for that. I was thingking about doing that, but
wasn't sure if I should or not.

Old November 22nd 03, 08:18 PM
Valerie

Great instructions! I had no trouble following along in my head as I read
them, and I'll try them and let you know!

Thanks, Valerie!

No problem! Pictures of the second step of the tute (putting it all together)
will be coming soon. I just need to finish a bracelet to do that part. LOL!

Old November 22nd 03, 08:23 PM
Sjpolyclay

Thanks for that. I was thingking about doing that, but
wasn't sure if I should or not.

I think enticement at the beginning is always a good thing.

Old November 23rd 03, 01:44 AM
Helen Page

Valerie wrote:
snipped
And can be found he
http://www.geocities.com/m2ir8/lesson.html

I'd love some feedback on this if you all don't mind. I hope you
enjoy it!

Excellent! I got it visualised and made a short length of it to test it out,
and it turned out wonderfully! I'm going to attach a fringe/tassel to one
end of my square tube and use it in a necklace. What size of bead/bead cap
do you suggest for the end? From the pic at the end and the size my tube
ended up I think something in the 4-6mm range would work best.

My only comment is that in some of the pics it was slightly tricky to see
exactly which beads the thread was coming out of (where some of the thread
goes off the edge of the photo). I personally like the type of diagram they
use in B&B. I do like your photos though, very clear and close up. Looking
forward to seeing the rest of the photos.

Old November 23rd 03, 01:56 PM
Linda2

"Valerie" wrote:
I'd love some feedback on this if you all don't mind. I hope you enjoy it!

Valerie

Sweetie, you should be writing the tutorials for B&B. Very easy to follow
directions, excellent photos.

I think you should submit one of the bracelets to Beadwork since it is an
embellishment on a design from one of their books. I bet they'd publish it
in a flash!

Linda2

Old November 23rd 03, 06:57 PM
Valerie

What size of bead/bead cap
do you suggest for the end? From the pic at the end and the size my tube
ended up I think something in the 4-6mm range would work best.

Yes, I've found that 6mm (ish) beads work best.

My only comment is that in some of the pics it was slightly tricky to see
exactly which beads the thread was coming out of (where some of the thread
goes off the edge of the photo).

Thanks for the input. I'll tweak the pics better in the final draft.

Thanks again for all the input. It's not finished, but I do hope to do that
soon. :-)

Old November 23rd 03, 07:00 PM
Valerie

Sweetie, you should be writing the tutorials for B&B. Very easy to follow
directions, excellent photos.

I think you should submit one of the bracelets to Beadwork since it is an
embellishment on a design from one of their books. I bet they'd publish it
in a flash!

Linda2

Awww, thanks! That is a thought though...
Now you're getting me thinking. LOL!

Spacer bar tutorial Valerie Beads 7 November 12th 03 02:11 PM
Thank you guys skyrider Beads 3 October 22nd 03 05:54 PM
A new bracelet pic and clasp tutorial for those with basic silverworking skills that include soldering Marisa Cappetta Beads 8 July 25th 03 06:16 PM
Calla lily tutorial Steve & Susan Wright Beads 1 July 24th 03 12:03 AM