The Fabric Debate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 17th 03, 02:11 AM
Sharon Harper

BTW - I didn't take Leslie's comments as being condescending - she's not
that type of gal. Just me and one of those mornings!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
I dont think you can be helped if you can equate buying food with good
material. Sheesh.. have you no prioritys woman?
LOL
Diana... ribbit, ribbit

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Sharon Harper" snippity snippity snip

To me one metre of that fabric equals
food for a couple of days, or a pair of shoes for the kids, school

supplies.
Maybe it's a psychological thing - I just CAN'T pay it! Help me!!!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals
"Marijke" wrote in message

"The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me" wrote in message
.... I
buy LQS nearly exclusively and feel very badly for those who can't
afford to know the true joy of working with a quality product for
quality results. And I cannot afford LQS fabric on *my* income,

either,
but I manage by cutting corners in other areas. It's worth it to
me.....

Oh, don't feel badly for me (and I suspect many others). That's

exactly
the
condescending attitude that turns many people off of quilting. Who are

you
to feel badly if anyone chooses not to use LQS fabric? And by

insinuating
that it's a mere matter of cutting corners is even more insulting.

People
may be very well able to afford the fabric but make the conscious

decision
that they will not, for whatever reason they choose. And they need

no-one
feel badly for them.

I feel badly that people feel that there is only one way to do things

and
feel the that they need to feel badly for those who feel that there

are
other ways.

Marijke

FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM
2 down, 4 to go & my fabric talks to me Diana Curtis Quilting 4 August 12th 03 03:40 AM
Wonky Fabric Rant Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 15 August 8th 03 12:50 PM
72 Excuses for Adding to Your Stash Debbi Quilting 16 July 29th 03 12:18 PM