Another sewing machine question

Old November 7th 03, 09:25 PM
Sindir

Default Another sewing machine question

As I mentioned before I have a Brother XL-3100. I am looking to purchase
more feet for it (i.e. walking foot, quilt guide, etc.) I've searched all
over and can't figure out which ones go to this machine. Can anyone help
me?

Sindir

Old November 8th 03, 12:58 AM
Kathy in CA

My sewing machine manual had a list of accessories I could purchase and a ph
number to order. That's how I got my walking foot and extra bobbin cover
thingies. Ck you manula rather than look in the stores or online

--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

Old November 8th 03, 03:07 AM
Sindir

I checked the manual before I posted my question. The only parts it lists
are what came with it. There is no phone number or anything, not even one
for the company itself.

Sindir

Old November 8th 03, 09:25 PM
Sindir

Thank you IMS for the link. I emailed Ron and he said he has everything
imaginable in the way of presser feet for my machine. Now the question is,
what is a good "stash" of presser feet to have? I would like to get a
walking foot, a quilt guide and probably a zig-zag foot. Any other
suggestions that would help in my quilting quest?

Sindir

"IMS" wrote in message
Take a look at the bottom of Ron's page here, and compare the foot on
your machine to the ones in the picture.

http://www.a1sewingmachine.com/parts.html

Old November 9th 03, 05:29 PM
Maureen Wozniak

This is not the answer you want, but I've decided I want every foot ever
made to fit my Lily. I don't know if or when I'll use most of them, but
I want to be prepared. VBG.

Maureen

Sindir wrote:

Thank you IMS for the link. I emailed Ron and he said he has everything
imaginable in the way of presser feet for my machine. Now the question is,
what is a good "stash" of presser feet to have? I would like to get a
walking foot, a quilt guide and probably a zig-zag foot. Any other
suggestions that would help in my quilting quest?

Sindir

.. .

Old November 10th 03, 12:56 AM
SusanTorrens

In article , "Sindir" writes:

Now the question is,
what is a good "stash" of presser feet to have? I would like to get a
walking foot, a quilt guide and probably a zig-zag foot. Any other
suggestions that would help in my quilting quest?

I would suggest an open-toe foot. It has a bigger space between the sides and
makes it much easier to see where you are sewing when doing applique work by
machine etc.
Susan, from Kingston ON
quilting in Florida (what else?)

Old November 10th 03, 11:20 PM
Maureen Wozniak

You have me beat. I saw the Embellishment Kit on the web site and have
decided I'll tell MSM that's what I want for Christmas. A lot of neat
looking feet in that, and I could see that some of them could be handy.
Last year I got the home dec kit. I love the welting feet.

Maureen

Kate Dicey wrote:

Maureen Wozniak wrote:

This is not the answer you want, but I've decided I want every foot
ever made to fit my Lily. I don't know if or when I'll use most of
them, but I want to be prepared. VBG.

Maureen

Theat's EXACTLY how I feel about mine! I think I have 36 so far...