New project

Old March 27th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Default New project

A few weeks ago, someone (Polly, I think) posted a link to the Hungry
Caterpillar fabric from Andover. This was one of my daughter's favorite
books when she was little, so I decided I wanted some for a quilt for
her daughter. A nearby LQS carries Andover fabrics, so when I was in a
few weeks ago, I asked if they'd be getting it. They said they had the
entire line ordered and took my name. Last week they called that it was
in, so on Monday I went down and bought enough for quilts for my two
youngest granddaughters. I bought the entire line -- the first time I
have ever done that and the first time I have ever made a quilt from
only one line of fabric. I've already figured out how I'm going to make
them. Next week, I'm going to a quilting retreat, so they will be my
project for the retreat. Fabric is at
http://andoverfabrics.com/OurCatalog/SingleGroup.asp?GroupName=THE%20VERY%20HUNGRY%20CA TERPILLAR

Julia in MN

--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old March 27th 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Ah. I remember. That's when we had a high-level and rather creative
discussion on what kind of shoes does a caterpillar wear and whether they
should match. That was fun. So is the quilt. Polly

"Julia in MN" wroteA few weeks ago, someone (Polly, I think) posted a link

Old March 27th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Julia in MN wrote:

A few weeks ago, someone (Polly, I think) posted a link to the Hungry
Caterpillar fabric from Andover. This was one of my daughter's favorite
books when she was little, so I decided I wanted some for a quilt for
her daughter. A nearby LQS carries Andover fabrics, so when I was in a
few weeks ago, I asked if they'd be getting it. They said they had the
entire line ordered and took my name. Last week they called that it was
in, so on Monday I went down and bought enough for quilts for my two
youngest granddaughters. I bought the entire line -- the first time I
have ever done that and the first time I have ever made a quilt from
only one line of fabric. I've already figured out how I'm going to make
them. Next week, I'm going to a quilting retreat, so they will be my
project for the retreat. Fabric is at
http://andoverfabrics.com/OurCatalog...THE%20VERY%20H
UNGRY%20CATERPILLAR

Julia in MN

What fun fabrics those are, Julia! I can't wait to see the quilts you
make.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old March 28th 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G. in CA

Julia - this came to me in an email.....darling quilt using the Hungry
Caterpillar fabric! Maybe this will provide some inspiration:

http://www.ethelbird.com/home.php?cat=552

Laurie G. in CA

Old March 28th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

That's the same pattern that Andover has on their website. It makes a
bigger quilt than I want. I'm using the panel whole, adding a border
from the narrower stripe on the stripe print, then a border of 3"
squares from the almost-solids, then a border of the wider stripe. I'm
using the caterpillar print for the backing and binding with the dots.
It should come out to about 44"x62" if my calculations are right -- a
nice lap quilt for little ones.

Julia in MN

Old March 28th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G. in CA

Ah, that sounds really cute! I love that fabric and it will make wonderful
quilts for the little ones. Be sure to take pictures to share with us when
you are done!

Laurie G. in CA

"Julia in MN" wrote in message
[...]

On to the next project TerriLee in WA \(state\) Quilting 5 February 18th 07 10:10 AM
WC Project Exchange - pics of my finished project Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 23 October 21st 04 09:45 AM
New project Slinky Yarn 10 July 15th 04 03:42 AM
About one certain project NoraBalcer Yarn 0 September 25th 03 09:30 PM
New project on the way to me.... aeromom Needlework 0 August 28th 03 11:31 PM